Why am I the only one IN LOVE with DeAngelo Williams??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why am I the only one IN LOVE with DeAngelo Williams???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why am I the only one IN LOVE with DeAngelo Williams???

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Guess I fall in line with CBMGreatone. Fell in love in the past only to have it be an unrequited love. Fox is gone, Newton is now the main focus.
Kind of get the feeling that you have so much time to blossom in this league and the bell may have already tolled for DAW.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chase50309 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:24 pm

I drafted Williams. I'm sitting him this week in favor of Giovanni though. Hope thats not a mistake. De Angelo has a chance with the Carolina backfield banged up! Everyone always likes him in the beginning, just seems like he never performs. I do like him on Fan Duel
because he's cheap and I can load up at other positions!! Other than that he's going to have to prove it to me before I'll feel good about starting him. Plus their playing Seattle D this week. Thats a no go for me. Truth be told he's the #1 guy on my trading block! I need a QB!
Chase50309
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Welcome to the Café Chase. if you to the trade and the roster forums they can help you figure out what you can get. How is it that you are in desperate straights for a QB before we have even played a game?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 pm

I've got DeAngelo as my #3 or #4 RB, depending on how you look at things. But my expectations are low. He was a seven TD guy last season, and a seven TD guy the year before. I don't think enough has changed for anyone to expect significantly more this year.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cuffs » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:27 pm

In the panthers offense, the TDs seem likely to be low no matter what for him. But the thing that will give him legit RB2 value is if he gets opportunities for a full season. In two games, he's had 39 carries and a 4.4 ypc rate, which includes a matchup with easily one of the toughest run defenses in the league. If you extrapolate that over a full 16 game season assuming his lowest seasonal ypc (4.3, from last season), he'd be on pace for over 1,300 yards. I would gladly take that kind of production from my RB3, especially if you sprinkle in a few TDs.

The last 5 games of last season shows that the guy can still get a good number of yards from scrimmage when he gets the touches. And he is totally capable of triple digit total yardage games in the right matchup. The x-factor is whether Stewart will come back this year. If stewart comes back and plays, Williams' value drops below the flex level for sure.

I think he's a legit RB3 right now. I picked up LeVeon Bell, hoping that he gets into game shape and becomes a comparable RB3 by the time Stewart comes off the PUP list (if he does).
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Previous

Return to Football Talk