12-team standard league, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12-team standard league, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12-team standard league, WHIR

Postby Weasel_King » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Just drafted 4th in a 12-team standard $$ league

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin
RB: DeAngelo Williams
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Roddy White
RB/WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Steelers
K: Randy Bullock

Bench:
QB: Big Ben
RB: Ronnie Hillman
RB: Bernard Pierce
WR: Mike Williams
WR: DeAndre Hopkins

I'm aware my 2nd RB spot is somewhat weak, but with Stewart out the 1st 6 weeks (on the PUP) I figure Williams will be able to hold down that spot fairly well. Overall, how do you guys feels I did in this draft (1st one of the year)? Make sure to leave a link, I will be sure to respond
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12-team standard league, WHIR

Postby sabomnim » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 am

QB - (8) I've never been a fan of mobile qbs bc the injury bug always seems to get them when you need them most.

RB - (6) martin will be great but the rest are weak. Williams has died slowed down production and I don't like having non-receiving rbs with a mobile qb. Cam will steal his tds. I don't see either of your bench rbs remaining on your team very long

WR- (9) outside of Mike Williams, all your wrs have some injury concern. If healthy they will be great but that's a lot of risk
TE - (10) no complaints here

Overall (8) - I'm a conservative player but it pays off well in fantasy. I target low injury risk, consistent players. Your team has championship potential if they remain healthy but with players at every position being involved with injury recently or play with high risk styles, i just get nervous.

Good luck

Please rate mine:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536654
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Re: 12-team standard league, WHIR

Postby Bears331 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 am

Overall, I'd say it's a good, solid team. But the weakness at RB really hurts your team in my opinion. RBs can provide the most consistent points week in and week out if you have good ones. Martin will be excellent but outside of that I think the spot really needs help. I prefer having an RB to start at flex as well because of the consistency. Now your WRs are very strong. Strong, 3 deep plus Hopkins who could be very interesting this year. If your top 3 WRs can be steady with their good numbers you should be OK this year. Seems like a 4-6 seed playoff team to me in a 12 team league depending on how the dominoes fall through out the year.

Could you critique my team as well please?
viewtopic.php?t=536644
Bears331
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings