Joe Horn,can ya hear me now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joe Horn,can ya hear me now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dihall » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:31 am

I think he was an a#$! Even though he did FINALLY do something and helped our team win, he certainly hasn't done much lately!! I think they should be able to celebrate a little, but something like that that was so preplanned, just disrespectful!! I'm glad I chose to play him, but disgusted that he acted like such a child. If he had been more consistent lately, maybe I could see it, but I guess he was so glad that he FINALLY had a touchdown that he couldn't contain himself! Poor taste! :-t I think he really got his a@# chewed out for it though, because he certainly didn't pull something like that again with his other two TDs.

QBs: Manning, Garcia, Carr
RBs: R. Williams, L. Betts, T.J. Ducket, T. Barber
WRs: M. Harrison, T. Holt, J. Horn, A. Toomer, D. Mason, R. Wayne
TEs: S. Sharpe, A. Crumpler
K: M. Andersen
D Flex: Strahan, Dhani Jones, D. Sharper

Plays 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 Off. Flex, 1K, 3 D. Flex each game

Sandbox league, non-keeper, head-to-head, 10 team league
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:34 am

Lol....I'm willing to look past it...He just sealed up a SB Place for me next week...

well him and the rest of my team...

Manning
LT2, OSmith
Horn, DJax, Wayne

Good Games Boys!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:48 am

i thought it was hilarious.. calm down people its just a game.. celebrate if ya do good ;-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JEB » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:09 am

Let's take a little vote here fellas. How many people here that are complaining about what Horn did in the endzone last night have Horn on their team? I think the whole thing is out of hand. Yea, I didn't expect Horn to pull something like that but they are players. I think Horn has had a frustrating season this year. He finally had a breakout game and got a little over excited. Think about it, he pulled the phone on his 2nd touchdown. He scored 2 more after that. I don't even think Horn thought he was going to score 4 times. Anyway, Horn is the reason I will be in the superbowl next week. Hope he does it again, score that is.
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:37 am

i have horn on my team.

having watched that footage on sportscenter this morning, he has my complete disapproval.

celebrate? sure. throw your arms in the air and jump up and down. don't plan it out. that's not celebration. that's mockery. you can't advertise your insecurities any louder than by staging that kind of a display.

again, poor form. (act like you've been there)

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:55 am

JEB wrote: I think Horn has had a frustrating season this year. He finally had a breakout game and got a little over excited. Think about it, he pulled the phone on his 2nd touchdown. .

You totally miss the point. The phone was planted there before the game so Horn had no idea if he would have a great game or not. I would've like to see what he does if the Saints are losing by 20 and he gets the TD. Totally classless.
My nominees for Most Ball-less plays of the week; A tie between Haslett, who was clearly pissed but too gutless to sit the a-hole. And the NYG D for packing it in so bad that they couldn't even care. They should have planted a forearm to his grill so that he could hear the phone ringing. Can you hear me now.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:44 am

Homeless wrote:Ive always liked the end zone celebrations, however, if the rule book says no, then dont do it....one too many rules nowadays.

lol, actually the announcers were mentioning there is no rule for having equipment laying around the field and using it for celebration. There is a rule, however, for having equipment on you and using it to celebrate (added when TO celebrated)

But you can bet your left nut that Joe Horn just put another rule in the book haha
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:34 pm

Saw a funny quote on the Giants' site about the cell phone:

"It's bush league. Sometimes, what goes around comes around. Things like that have a way of evening themselves out. Anytime you have to bring a prop into it, it's ridiculous. It's like me pulling a potato sack out of my jockstrap after a sack."

- DE Michael Strahan on Saints WR Joe Horn's cell-phone celebration.

Although that would be pretty funny to see a guy running on a football field that looked like he had elephantitis, I think we'd be able to see that one coming, Michael.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:48 pm

It's just a game, Horn was trying to get the crowd excited and to get attention for him and his team. He did just that. All this media hoopla is ridiculous, he didn't hurt anyone nor defend any of his opponents. Heck, the guy even told his kids that he was going to do it to say hi to them. Give the guy a break, he scored 4 TD's and lead his team to a crucial win. He deserved to celebrate.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MMH » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:31 pm

VHawk15 wrote:It's just a game, Horn was trying to get the crowd excited and to get attention for him and his team. He did just that. All this media hoopla is ridiculous, he didn't hurt anyone nor defend any of his opponents. Heck, the guy even told his kids that he was going to do it to say hi to them. Give the guy a break, he scored 4 TD's and lead his team to a crucial win. He deserved to celebrate.

Totally agree. People can be so damned miserable tese days. he scored 4 TDs what do people want him to do? Shake everybodies hand and say "oh jolly good pass aaron, I very much appreicate that, good show old chap!"

As long as he didnt drop his pants and bare his ass or do anything offensive i really dont see the problem. Why people want to take some fun out of the game beats me.

And if he is phoning his kids, well thats quality ;-D
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk