Joe Horn,can ya hear me now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joe Horn,can ya hear me now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:44 pm

I thought it was kinda dumb. I was far from disgusted by it, I just didn't really think it was funny. Chad Johnson's sign was great though (text could have been bigger). Maybe if Joe made this something of a tradition going forward, where he had a different foreign object stashed away every week, he would be on to something. Next week, he could pull out a white glove, shades and fedora, put them on, and moonwalk across the endzone... Seriously, he wasted his one freebie on a cell-phone.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:18 pm

There are two parts of football: the winning and the fun. So it is a "team game." But Horn did both, he won his team the game by scoring 4 TD's and he had fun.

I have a problem with celebrations such as T.J. Duckett's because even with his TD, his team was still down 31-6. He was not playing very well and his team was definitely not winning and he still had "fun." But Joe Horn scored had scored his 2nd TD and his team was winning, so he had a little fun. Chopper, you are such a 75 year old white guy. :-)

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:39 pm

VHawk15 wrote:There are two parts of football: the winning and the fun. So it is a "team game." But Horn did both, he won his team the game by scoring 4 TD's and he had fun.

I have a problem with celebrations such as T.J. Duckett's because even with his TD, his team was still down 31-6. He was not playing very well and his team was definitely not winning and he still had "fun." But Joe Horn scored had scored his 2nd TD and his team was winning, so he had a little fun. Chopper, you are such a 75 year old white guy. :-)

Couldn't agree more. There are times for celebration and fun and there are times for "just shut up and act like you've been there before".
What I really hate are the guys who make a single crushing tackle on defense, and then dance around like they've just won the Super Bowl. Hey, nice tackle, but the guy just gained 15 yards before your tackle, and, oh yeah, have you happened to look at the scoreboard. Celebration is something for winners, if you're losing, your individual performance doesn't mean crap. Team Game.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:24 pm

Horn must have been making a call to Neptune because his cell phone bill was $30,000 as mandated by the NFL.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 49ers Forever » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:27 am

I don't think end-zone celebrations should be mandated. That way we could talk about the sheer stupidity of the cell-phone thing as opposed to whether it was right or wrong. TO and the sharpie-funny. TO and the star in Dallas-not funny. Joe Horn and his verizon bill-not funny. But what is funny, and what hasn't been mentioned yet... is that right after the TO sharpie incident, he came out in an interview and said he would "never do anything like that." What happened, Joe?
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:19 am

It's interesting...
Many of you are trotting out this concept of a team game, but I'm not sure you fully grasp it. When a player scores a TD, he did something for his "team". Often times, team members celebrate together in the endzone (Michael Lewis knew about the cellphone before hand). I don't think he hurt the feelings of any of his teammates.

When a defense player makes a big sack and celebrates, not only is he showing off himself, he is hyping his team members up also. I'm not sure how many of you have played organized sports before... When one of my teammates makes a big play and celebrates, even if I'm not there, I'm still with him emotionally and it raises the level of my play also. It's not as if he shuns the rest of his players and goes off to celebrate while they look on from afar with hurt feelings.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:41 am

TO's sharpie incident, Horn and the cell phone, Chad and the orange letter to the league office are all silly celebrations I can't believe grown men took the time to plan them out.

TO will drop about 30 passes this season, but at least he has his celebrations well choreographed. Gimme a break. Joe Horn has disappeared for several games in a row the past couple years, but at least he has had time to plan out his TD celebrations. Chad shoots his mouth off against KC then can't hold Warrick's jockstrap as the #2 WR single handedly whoops the Queefs. He may be better than Keyshawn, but he's going to be even more annoying. I'm glad I own him this year....but I see this guy pulling a Moss or Owens. Tremendously talented, but more circus than substance.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:01 pm

49ers Forever wrote:TO and the star in Dallas-not funny

No, that wasn't funny but it was hilarious when George Teague nailed him.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:04 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
49ers Forever wrote:TO and the star in Dallas-not funny

No, that wasn't funny but it was hilarious when George Teague nailed him.

9ers forever here.... yes, yes it was.....

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk