Leagues Besides yahoo? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leagues Besides yahoo?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leagues Besides yahoo?

Postby FantasyChampMayne » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:03 pm

Does anyone know any other leagues besides yahoo that are pretty good? Im looking for a competative league, Free or Pay. What sites have keeper leagues? Thanks in Advance...
FantasyChampMayne
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Sportsline

Postby The_Guest » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:58 pm

Sportsline Commissioner is the best service around. I run a 16-team keeper there ($8/owner).

Live Scoring is the best on the net and I like the league message boards better there (you can talk trades privately with any owner).

There are cheaper options around (Myfantasyleague.com and fanball.com), but IMO Sportsline Commissioner is the best.
The_Guest

Friendliness: %

Postby FantasyChampMayne » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:41 pm

Thanks...I Think Im going to try that out next year...8$ an owner? Do you get money if you win the whole thing?
FantasyChampMayne
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Scotsman88 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:47 pm

we run our league on fanball.com(fanball commissioner), very well organized, good point system, highly customizable. It was my first time using it this year, and was impressed, definately going back for years to come, yahoo can kiss my @$$
Scotsman88
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The_Guest » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:00 pm

FantasyChampMayne wrote:Thanks...I Think Im going to try that out next year...8$ an owner? Do you get money if you win the whole thing?

It's $120 per league. We have 16 owners -- so it comes out to about $8/owner. The charge is PER league -- not per owner. Thus if you have 12 owners -- it's gonna be $10/owner.

There's no prizes (unless your league commish wants to charge more and give prizes). We just play for bragging rights.....so we just pay to use the service -- which is well worth it. Plus you're able to make all the scoring rules to your liking.

Sportsline also has pay for play games they run -- which they hand out prizes in. However, the leagues are usually dull and untalkative....which = no fun!
The_Guest

Friendliness: %

Postby PuntinFool » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:17 pm

I was in a playfantasy.com league this year and thought it was very good. I like all the stats they throw at you, including graphs and roster history.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chopper » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:29 pm

PuntinFool wrote:I was in a playfantasy.com league this year and thought it was very good. I like all the stats they throw at you, including graphs and roster history.

I'll put in another plug for playfantasy; it is new and homegrown - bells and whistles are few and for stats you need to go elsewhere - but for a new outfit, it ran quite well. The administrator has been very receptive to suggestions, comments, etc. It isn't slick, but its free and has had good staff and players. Overall good place to play. I only played in the public leagues there, but I'm pretty sure they'll let you play private leagues, but it may cost a little, I think less than 5$ per owner this year.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk