Please grade my draft... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Please grade my draft...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please grade my draft...

Postby SLONER67 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 am

I'm new to this forum and just discovered this area for getting my draft graded. Anyone have any useful input for me?

I'm in a 10 team PPR league (1pt per reception/completion, 1 pt per 10 yds rushing/receiving, 1 pt per 25 yds passing, 6 pts per rushing/receiving/passing TD...those are the basic points. There are other pts rewarded for how your DST and K does. In our league we enforce the following QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Flex (WR/RB/TE), K, DST and 7 bench spots. I drafter 3rd overall in the traditional snake draft. We are not a keeper league. So here is how I did:

Rd 1 - CJ Spiller (RB) Bye 12
Rd 2 - Dez Bryant (WR) Bye 11
Rd 3 - Jimmy Graham (TE) Bye 7
Rd 4 - Reggie Bush (RB) Bye 9
Rd 5 - Tony Romo (QB) Bye 11
Rd 6 - Vernon Davis (TE) Bye 9
Rd 7 - Antonio Brown (WR) Bye 5
Rd 8 - Pierre Garcon (WR) Bye 5
Rd 9 - Ben Tate (RB) Bye 8
Rd 10 - Bernard Pierce (RB) Bye 8
Rd 11 - Alshon Jeffery (WR) Bye 8
Rd 12 - Matt Bryant (K) Bye 6
Rd 13 - Zac Sudfeld (TE) Bye 10
Rd 14 - Andy Dalton (QB) Bye 12
Rd 15 - New England (DST) Bye 10
Rd 16 - Chris Givens (WR) Bye 11

This is the first year that we have allowed a TE flex option so I decided to go a little more aggressive on TE than I normally would to get Graham and the best 2nd TE I could land 2 or 3 rounds later. I was ready to pounce all over Gronkowski in Rd 6 but the guy right before me took him so I went for Vernon Davis (with Gonzalez and Witten already off the board as well).

So how do you think I did?
SLONER67
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please grade my draft...

Postby LMack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Overall I like this squad.

Personally, I do not think that I would have gone for a second TE as early as you did, though. If it was Gronkowski that would be a completely different case but grabbing Davis in the 6th doesn't make the most sense to me. Yes, you can play him in your flex spot but at that same draft spot you could've grabbed a running back in the tier of Eddie Lacy, Shane Vereen, Gio Bernard etc. I think I would like your team a bit more with a RB in that slot than a TE because the TE limits your flexibility. You have to start Davis in the FLEX slot because Graham will always be a better play than him unless there is a bye or an injury.

Now this isn't to say it hurts your teams overall quality. You landed Davis at a reasonable value, about where he should be going in this type of league. I love your opening 4 picks, and your WR depth. You are a little light at RB, considering that your RB3 and RB4 are both backups - albeit the two best backups in fantasy. Due to injuries at the RB position I usually like to stockpile backs to give myself options which passing on Davis would have allowed you to do, but healthy years from Spiller and Bush or injuries to Foster and Pierce puts you right back at the top half of the league.

Good luck and welcome the Cafe ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: Please grade my draft...

Postby c0megets0me » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Your first 4 picks look pretty good but then things got ugly. I love J.Graham but you always lose a little quality at rb or wr, but that's ok. Taking Davis Was a wasted pick IMO, could have had a quality rb with lots of upside in the 6th rnd. My other issue was where you drafted a kicker, that's just stupid. In those mid to late rounds you should be looking to add players that could break out, kinda like lottery tickets. Over all not to bad for your 1st draft but most likely not a serous contender as of right now. Pay close attention to the waiver wire and maybe you get lucky on someone. Good luck
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Roster Ratings