A few sit/start questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

A few sit/start questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

A few sit/start questions

Postby jrking08 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 am

Ok so all these questions apply to standard format scoring. My main question is which receivers to start week one.

I need 2 of these, unless you think one of these is a better flex than Reggie Bush, then I need 3.

Wes Welker - Bal
Vincent Jackson - @Jets
Jordy Nelson - @49ers
Cecil Shorts - KC
Vincent Brown - Hou

For me its between Welker, Jackson, and Nelson

Next question, although this may seem ridiculous, I feel as though the Skins aren't going to let RG3 loose the first game and the Eagles are going to let Mike Vick run wild.

So RG3 or Vick, just for week 1

Last question. I have Antonio Gates in one league. I don't know how I feel about him. Jared Cook, Fred Davis, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Pettigrew, and Jermaine Gresham are all available on the waiver wire. This was just an 8 team league, so I don't necessarily have anyone on my bench I want to drop to hold 2 TE's.

However my team looks like this, starters in caps

QB- BREES, Stafford
WR- RODDY WHITE, ERIC DECKER, DWAYNE BOWE, Hakeem Nicks, Torrey Smith, Kenbrell Thompkins
RB- RAY RICE, MJD, David Wilson, Giovanni Bernard
TE- ANTONIO GATES
K- MATT BRYANT
D- HOUSTON

So I feel like my weakest link is TE. Any recommendations are appreciated. Whether it's someone I should trade for a TE, someone I should drop, or if I should just drop Gates for someone. That's a lot of questions, so thank you in advance
jrking08
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A few sit/start questions

Postby mfbball04 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 am

I'd go with Welker and Nelson and start Vick.. Start Gates until he breaks down.. He's the number one option in San Diego and they will be down a lot.

Help?http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=536793&sid=1158a005da8a5a268426da56001dcd4c
QB- Matt Ryan. T Pryor
RB- Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell
WR- Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Nate Washington, Keenan Allen
TE- Jermichael Finley, Coby Fleener
D- Seahawks
10 man .5 PPR
mfbball04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Postby huyster1 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Welker and Jackson. Stay with RG3 and Gates.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 am

huyster1 wrote:Welker and Jackson. Stay with RG3 and Gates.

All this. Love Welker, he's going to be single covered all year. VJax is a beast and his matchup is way better then Jordy who we don't know if he even plays, I think he will but the niners aren't an optimal start. I like both Vick and RG3, but I think RG3 is the play, I like his weapons better then Vick's and we haven't seen Philly's offense go against anything other then vanilla defenses. I'd probably keep Gates though I could make an argue,rent to grab Cook. The argument for Gates is that he's likely the #1 option in SD and the chargers will likely be down and throwing a lot. The argument for Cook is that they want to get him involved as he poses one of the greatest mis matches on the field. I'd probably keep Gates, though if you said I want Cook, I wouldn't argue with you.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=536886
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Who to Start/Bench