5th Waiver on Le'Veon Bell? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

5th Waiver on Le'Veon Bell?

Moderator: Football Moderators

5th Waiver on Le'Veon Bell?

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 am

Yo guys, I'm in a 10 team league and Le'Veon Bell was just dropped. As with all leagues, starting RBs are hard to come by. For those who haven't been paying close attention, there is growing speculation and expectation that Bell will be returning sooner than originally thought. He's already shed the walking boot, and it's looking like he will only be out 3-4 weeks rather than 6, and could take the starting job immediately upon his return. I believe he could come in for me and immediately surpass Ryan Matthews as my first RB option off the bench.

Should I use my 5th waiver on him? Or wait and see if he passes through and hope to get him as a free agent?

Here's my team: 10 team, Head to head, Standard scoring, Half PPR, We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, No Flex

QB. Can Newton
WR1. AJ Green
WR2. Demayrius Thomas
WR3. Jordy Nelson
RB1. Jamaal Charles
RB2. Reggie Bish
TE. Jermichael Finley
K. Phil Dawson
D. San Francisco

Bench. Ryan Matthees, Mike Williams, Kenny Britt, Bryce Brown, Eli Manning, Tampa Bay
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5th Waiver on Le'Veon Bell?

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Bump.

Leave a link and I'll respond. Thanks!
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby abchew2 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 pm

I like your team. I think bell is worth trying to use the waiver spot on. The guy has a lot of potential and you have a team that allows you to have him sit on your bench until he has shown what he can do.
abchew2
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tripower » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:19 am

My two cents...

I'd start Tampa Bay's defense in week one, as they're playing the Jets. And I'd dump Bryce Brown for LeVeon Bell and sit him on your bench instead.

After week one, you'll probably want to dump Tampa Bay's defense and Bryce Brown could be on waivers waiting for you again. If not, oh well....Bell over Brown is worth that chance.
tripower
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah, I think I will end up using the waiver in him. And you read my mind on Tampa. I do plan on starting them week one over San Fran, so I wouldn't drop them. However, it's a league full of Eagles fans, and Bryce is a top handcuff RB as is, so I don't think I'll drop him because I'm almost positive I won't get him back. I'll probably end up dropping Britt or Eli instead.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 pm

sixer03fan wrote:Yeah, I think I will end up using the waiver in him. And you read my mind on Tampa. I do plan on starting them week one over San Fran, so I wouldn't drop them. However, it's a league full of Eagles fans, and Bryce is a top handcuff RB as is, so I don't think I'll drop him because I'm almost positive I won't get him back. I'll probably end up dropping Britt or Eli instead.

I'd drop Eli. In a 10 team league, there should be plenty of equal potential QB's out there to pick up as your backup QB.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536933
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions