14 Team League With Different Scoring/Rate My Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

14 Team League With Different Scoring/Rate My Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

14 Team League With Different Scoring/Rate My Team

Postby Remotethumb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:20 pm

14 team league - 13th season - No PPR - The points system is very simple & TD heavy: 1 pt. every 25 yards rush/rec. 1 pt. every 50 yards passing. 6 pts. for any TD, including throwing so QBs are a little more valuable We can keep 0-3 players each season, giving up our first 1-3 picks in the redraft.

On the one hand I'm worried about my team (fragile), but when I remember it's a 14 team league I feel like I can score some serious TDs with this team, which is really all that matters in this league. The RBs go so fast in this league I had to turn to the WRs searching for TD opportunities. I also waited on TE and sort of wish I had taken one a round earlier. I used a pick to get Heath Miller. He's injured and not highly rated, but he scored 8 TDs last season and is expected back sooner rather than later (I'm hoping week 2 or 3) We also have 3 IDP spots, but I have waited until the last 4 rounds to draft my IDPs every single year and the point differential is so small between my IDPs and others each year that now most of the other teams also wait.

What do you think?
STARTERS
QB1 Brees
RB1 Ar. Foster
WR1 Dem. Thomas
TE1 C. Jordan
PK1
FLEX1 M. Colston
FLEX2 Mike Williams (TB)
FLEX3 C. Shorts
IDP1
IDP2
IDP3

BENCH RB-C. Ivory
BENCH RB-Andre Brown (hope leg heals quickly)
BENCH RB-S. Vereen
BENCH RB-K. Moreno
BENCH WR-K. Britt
BENCH TE-H. Miller
Remotethumb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 Team League With Different Scoring/Rate My Team

Postby LMack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm

I can't think of a much better start to a TD heavy league than Brees/Foster. Throw into that mix 3 TD scoring WRs (Colston, DT, and Mike Williams) and a workhorse back in Ivory and you are in a good position. You have a decent amount of upside with Vereen, Britt, and Jordan Cameron as well. Hopefully Brown and Miller heal quickly. I understand rostering them in a league like this because there likely isn't much available on the WW anyway.

Often times it is difficult tough to rate rosters that use different scoring systems but based on the team you've assembled here I can see that you should be doing well in this format.

Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 14 Team League With Different Scoring/Rate My Team

Postby Remotethumb » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks LMack

I appreciate you taking the time to help me feel better! ha ha ;-D

My final complete roster: (I usually take LBs for all IDP slots, we have no limitations...we used to do 1 DE, 1 LB and 1 DB but changed to any IDP player several years back...The Defense points, for what it's worth---1 pt. per tackle, 2 for sacks, .5 for assist tackle, 2 for INTs, 6 for any defensive TDs...and no DP can qualify as a kick returner, a rule I try to change every year but get voted down every year....) And I was thrilled to get Bryant as my kicker (3 pts. FG 1pt. XP no bonus)

QB1 Brees
RB1 Ar. Foster
WR1 Dem. Thomas
TE1 C. Jordan
PK1 M. Bryant
FLEX1 M. Colston
FLEX2 Mike Williams (TB)
FLEX3 C. Shorts
IDP1 S. Weatherspoon
IDP2 A. Smith
IDP3 Br. Carter

BENCH RB-C. Ivory
BENCH RB-Andre Brown (hope leg heals quickly)
BENCH RB-S. Vereen
BENCH RB-K. Moreno
BENCH WR-K. Britt

Now, do I start Ivory or Mike Williams Sunday? (ha ha) :-)
Remotethumb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings