Proposed Trade - Wilson-Big Ben for McFadden-Tate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Proposed Trade - Wilson-Big Ben for McFadden-Tate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Proposed Trade - Wilson-Big Ben for McFadden-Tate

Postby Afrancis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:39 pm

14 team league. PPR and 6pt touchdown. I drafted the team below at the 11th spot. The trade I am proposing includes McFadden and Tate for David Wilson and Big Ben. The owner of Wilson has Foster. What do you guys think? I know Big Ben isn't usually a great fantasy QB, but figured he would be a good backup for Dalton if anything happens.

Starters:
QB - Andy Dalton
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Darren McFadden
Flex (WR/RB/TE) - Shane Vareen
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Antonio Brown
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Steven Hauschka
D - Steelers

Bench
QB - Ryan Tannehill
RB - Ben Tate
RB - Christine Michael
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Vincent Brown
WR - Kenbrell Thompkins
TE - Julius Thomas (picked him up as a backup instead of Rob Housler since he is injured)
D - Giants

IR
RB - Andre Brown (picked up Michael in his stead until he returns)
Afrancis
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Proposed Trade - Wilson-Big Ben for McFadden-Tate

Postby JaysFan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:32 pm

I just paid $34 for David Wilson in a 12 team PPR keeper auction with a $160 budget. So basically MAKE THAT DEAL IF YOU CAN!!!

Help me??? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=536829
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby sn267537 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:40 pm

JaysFan wrote:I just paid $34 for David Wilson in a 12 team PPR keeper auction with a $160 budget. So basically MAKE THAT DEAL IF YOU CAN!!!

Help me??? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=536829

No. 34 is too much... Because Wilson is unproven in a sense(per-season success doesn't prove a player) and the giants have struggled to run the ball. And big Ben isn't even an upgrade from dalton. I'd much rather have dalton he's a fine starting QB in a 14 team league. This is Ben Tate, so are you trading the handcuff to the foster owner? If you are then make him pay for Tate.. Him trading u big Ben isn't paying for the handcuff. I like Wilson and the situation he has this season, but just because someone overpaid doesn't mean you should too. McFadden isn't a bad player- he just gets hurt which detracts from his value. It's not a terrible deal, but it's disappointing to get big Ben IMO and if this is the deal that sends the handcuff to the foster owner. But if u want Wilson and this is the final deal I guess u do what u got to do.
sn267537
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Afrancis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 am

Thank you both for your replies. I was looking at Big Ben as an upgrade for my backup or incase anything happens to Dalton. Dalton will be my starter for sure.

This isn't an auction league, it's a redraft every year. However, I am concerned with the injury risk with McFadden. And at least the first few games for the Texans, it will be a timeshare between Tate and Foster (from what I am reading). If I can't get a different player other than Big Ben, I shouldn't offer the trade? What would be a good trade value for Tate for the handcuff with him and foster? Just out of curiosity.

Thank you both for your help!
Afrancis
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby murda42 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 am

I would make this trade in a heart beat. You're getting the best player in the trade, and that is the bench mark of a good deal. Wilson is in a great position now, and for the first 4-6 weeks he has nobody to challenge him for carries. That's a 4-6 week try out to be the work horse in a high scoring offense. Caughlin already said that WIlson will get the gaol line carries now as well. Big Ben is an unnecessary add on. I actually like Tannehill more this year. I would try to get a WR back or maybe a low level RB for depth. However, I would still do the deal to get Wilson, then maybe trade Big Ben or Tannehill.
Your giving up Tate, who will get carries, but is still a back up. Baring an injury, Foster is still going to get 75% of the snaps, and 90% of the goal line work. Tate is worth more to the guy you're trading him to then he is to you. McFadden is always injured. He was dreadful last year, and his performance was blamed on the blocking scheme. Truth is, he had NO supporting cast. He doesn't this year either. Flynn has a noodle arm and Prior is so raw that neither QB will drop defenders in the secondary. Mc Fadden will still face 8-9 in the box and will still average under 4 yards per carry. Oh and the Raiders defense is not a "shut down" unit so the Raiders will be playing from behind and throwing a lot at the end of games. Loosing Run DMC is nothing to worry about at all.
murda42 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 59)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions