I was offered Trent Richardson for CJ Spiller. Yes or no? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

I was offered Trent Richardson for CJ Spiller. Yes or no?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I was offered Trent Richardson for CJ Spiller. Yes or no

Postby FireGoodell » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:TRich for me. Teams will be stacking up against Spiller, I just don't see him having as good of a season as the 'experts' have predicted during the off season.

Right.. but teams won't be targeting Richardson as the guy to stop because of Cleveland's amazing aerial attack. Let's face it any team that plays Buffalo or Cleveland will know the RB is the biggest weapon that team has so it's very even on those grounds. Besides that "8 in the box" and "stacking" etc. are the most over used terms in fantasy football. A lot of the top rb's in fantasy are regarded as that teams biggest weapon but somehow they still put up numbers, how is that possible? It's a combination of two things, #1 the rb's are talented enough to still have success when teams focus on the running game and #2 because the truth is you can only cheat up so much on the run game vs any team, even the teams with the worst passing games in the NFL have enough talent to make you pay if focus too much on stopping the run game.
FireGoodell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I was offered Trent Richardson for CJ Spiller. Yes or no

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:34 pm

FireGoodell wrote:
Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:TRich for me. Teams will be stacking up against Spiller, I just don't see him having as good of a season as the 'experts' have predicted during the off season.

Right.. but teams won't be targeting Richardson as the guy to stop because of Cleveland's amazing aerial attack. Let's face it any team that plays Buffalo or Cleveland will know the RB is the biggest weapon that team has so it's very even on those grounds. Besides that "8 in the box" and "stacking" etc. are the most over used terms in fantasy football. A lot of the top rb's in fantasy are regarded as that teams biggest weapon but somehow they still put up numbers, how is that possible? It's a combination of two things, #1 the rb's are talented enough to still have success when teams focus on the running game and #2 because the truth is you can only cheat up so much on the run game vs any team, even the teams with the worst passing games in the NFL have enough talent to make you pay if focus too much on stopping the run game.

I think it's a safe argument that the Browns will be much improved on offense this year, with Norv calling the plays and Wheeden having a year under his belt.

I expect a bigger season out of Richardson than what he had last year, and Spiller to have about what Richardson did last season. Which isn't a bad season, just not what the experts are calling for out of Spiller.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions