1 week could ruin entire season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

1 week could ruin entire season

Moderator: Football Moderators

1 week could ruin entire season

Postby Go Packers » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:53 am

I had a 6 game win streak going. 2nd place playing to knock him out of the playoffs. (comishner's team) He has Ahman and LT and i did't want to play him in the playoffs. This week My players decide not to show up and i get crushed. D. Davis, Pennington, Moss, Ravens D all decide not to show up. Now I am forced to play him again next week. Even better news Portis gets hurt. I am screwed! I might have to start Westbrook and D. Davis :,-(

I though I was going to win in all since I hadn't lost since week 7 now I might be looking at the 3rd place game. :,-( :,-(

One good thing happened today. The Packers tied the Vikings for first place.
Go Packers

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Go Packers » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:54 am

I mean Westbrook and Thomas Jones :,-( :,-( :,-(
Go Packers

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:06 am

as another respected member of these boards once said " cry me a river". This is fantasy football, you win some you lose some. Play for more than two seasons and get a better shot at winning your leagues superbowl.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:23 am

Well, there are a bunch of other people where one week DID ruin there season, it's palyoff time and I 'm sure there are some unhappy people today.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:43 am

One week did ruin my season...the week we DRAFTED! Burress, Stallworth, C Mart, Barlow, Kev Johnson. Well you get the point.
Sounds like you're playing in the playoffs so how is your season ruined? I have to watch the Lions and whatever games they show with no ff interests. I don't even remember if I like football without ff. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:47 am

moochman wrote:Sounds like you're playing in the playoffs so how is your season ruined? I have to watch the Lions and whatever games they show with no ff interests. I don't even remember if I like football without ff. :-b

But I'm sure watching Bryson go 100+ with a touch MADE your day. What got into him?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Thats Fantasy Football for ya

Postby bdt » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:45 am

Yep .. thats all part of FF .. anyone can win.

Case in point .. I barely squeak in as the last seed in our playoffs, figure I have no chance in the playoffs, but I've won my first two playoff games and I'm in the superbowl next week!

Not because my team played good, cuz it didn't, but the teams I played each had their worst FF performance of the year against me!

In the superbowl I'm facing a juggernaut who has J Lewis, Holmes, Gonzalez and the Panthers D .. I should lose handily .. but you never know ;-D

And thats why FF is so much fun :)
bdt

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:21 pm

Lushcrush wrote:But I'm sure watching Bryson go 100+ with a touch MADE your day. What got into him?

2 things got into him. Artoise Pinner=a perceived threat and the KC D. They suck against the run. Bryson will return to his 40-60 total yards next week.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby terpfan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:23 pm

say helllo to mr. 0-3 :,-(
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:37 pm

moochman wrote:One week did ruin my season...the week we DRAFTED! Burress, Stallworth, C Mart, Barlow, Kev Johnson.

Now that was funny. ;-D And for me, I have to agree it was the draft that did me in. Somehow I managed to suck from the beginning.

As for loosing in the playoffs - WAAAA! At least you didn't have to root for the Raiders all season.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk