Trade advice for a noob - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Trade advice for a noob

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade advice for a noob

Postby tullonp31 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi guys, thanks in advance for your thoughts. I just finished my first fantasy draft it was pretty fun. I was pick 10 in a 16 team PPR league.

I don't think I did that great so I am wondering if you guys think I should trade a star player or two to make my team better overall.

Here is the team:

QB: Joe Flaco
RB: Ray Rice (I have no idea how he fell to me at 10)
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Ryan Matthews
K: none
Def: none
Bn: rb LeVeon Bell
Bn: rb Roy Helu
Bn: rb Johnathan Franklin
Bn: rb Isaiah Pead
Bn: rb Lance Dunbar
Bn: wr Julian Edelman
Bn(should be K): wr Brandon Stokley
Bn(should be Def):wr Quinton Patton

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks again!
tullonp31
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade advice for a noob

Postby FireGoodell » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:39 pm

My opinion. You practically have no depth. No depth that will actually help you anyway. And you're in trouble with Flacco as your starter. How does that even happen? You are in a 16 team league and there look to be about 12 QBs this year that can be quality starters. Did you wait until the last round to get a QB? Just going by ESPN's rankings for example, Flacco is ranked as the 17th best QB, but I don't even agree with that, for fantasy purposes there are a few others I'd put ahead of him. As far as a trade goes I'd try to make an offer like this... Rice/Flacco for Tony Romo/David Wilson, something like that.. I obviously can't give you every possible option for you because I don't know your leagues rosters. My point is find a guy that has a backup QB that is actually startable, I'd used Wilson as an example because it's possible somebody in your league has an elite QB and then a startable QB as a backup. Target the guy that has both a startable backup that he's likely to part with and a RB that you feel with outperform where he was drafted.
FireGoodell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tullonp31 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Okay, thank you for your help. I'll see if there is any interest for Rice in exchange for a qb and something else.
tullonp31
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby HawksChick » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm a newbie too & I grabbed Flacco off waivers then realized that a QB can win games & still suck at fantasy. So I dropped him for Bradford & he actually did quite well in week 1. So you may want to see if he's available in your league until you can trade for someone better? Just a suggestion - good luck!
HawksChick Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Venom » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:34 pm

I dont think you did too bad for a 16 team league. You have a great crop of PPR starters...easily worth another15-20 points per game vs a non PPR league. I don't particularly care for Flacco as a starter either, so I'd try and make a move there as mentioned above.

Good luck!
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Return to Beginner's Forum