Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss

Postby RandyMoss » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:07 am

What are you guy's thoughts about Moss in the bears games. Specifically letting the ball go by over the middle when there was a offsides, and the final interception. Im a moss fan, and i believe hes the best WR in the NFL and getting better.

Moss has been criticized for not going over the middle, but can you blame him in Sundays game. One of the advantages of not going over the middle is that he is never injured, where a lot of WR's who go over the middle get hurt, and miss significant time. Why risk getting creamed for a 15 yard pass, that is a dead play. The final interception wasnt really his fault, the pass was a little low, but the defender fell in such a way that his momentum pulled the ball out of his hands.

i know im looking at it in a positive light, but there are two sides to every story. Just throwing that idea out there.
RandyMoss

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Moss is soft at times

Postby HD Boss » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:10 am

And you have to question his heart, and his motivation to win for the team.
His cowardly play on the last INT was HUGE for the Vikings.
The ramifications of him not stepping-up could ruin the Vikes season, if it didn't already.
He's an individual freak, not a leader, and he proved it sending his team and the fan base home for the holidays... :-t
Not High Definition?...no thanks.
HD Boss
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Randy Moss

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:08 am

RandyMoss wrote:What are you guy's thoughts about Moss in the bears games. Specifically letting the ball go by over the middle when there was a offsides, and the final interception. Why risk getting creamed for a 15 yard pass, that is a dead play.

You risk getting creamed for a 15 yard pass on an offsides because you never know the play that will iwn the game for you. I didn't see the game but it sounds like Dandy didn't feel like playing. He is a great talent, but you have to wonder if others in his locker romm aren't getting tired of his loafing. Christ they are playing for their playoff lives and he doesn't try. Great talent, but a loser. Not the first, not the last, but still a loser.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Randy Moss

Postby weitliz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:35 am

RandyMoss wrote:What are you guy's thoughts about Moss in the bears games. Specifically letting the ball go by over the middle when there was a offsides, and the final interception. Im a moss fan, and i believe hes the best WR in the NFL and getting better.

Well, I watched most of the Bears/Vikings game, and I was surprised at the lack of enthusiasm that Moss showed. The ball over the middle was inexcusable. Watching replays, it was very obvious that he was more concerned with the oncoming defender than with catching the ball. While undoubtedly an incredible talent, to say that he is the best WR in the NFL means ignoring selfish plays such as this. :-/

The INT in the endzone I would attribute more to a stellar defensive play than fault by Moss. That was the type of pass that Moss usually hauls in. The CB, however, in single coverage, used brute force to take away that ball. Football at its finest!! ;-D
weitliz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:40 am

Moss is definitely the best WR in the game.

As far as not catching the ball on the free play. As much as I hate to say that is alright, he did avoid injury. The Vikings go nowhere in the playoffs wihtout Moss. THey might not go anywhere with him, but they definitely wouldn't go anywhere without him.

As far as the interception goes, I don't see why we have to put that on Moss. Sure, we are used to seeing Randy come down with those tough plays. This time the defender just made a better play. I wouldn't say Moss made a bad play, I would just say that the defender made a great play.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:22 pm

I think that pass over the middle was uncatchable. His momentum was carrying him one way and Daunte's pass was going another, way behind him. That one was Daunte's fault. As for the pick, it was anotherbad throw. Moss maybe could have fought for it a little more but the way the defender fell I don't know how he was supposed to strip it from him. The ball was thrown more at Tillman that to Moss and Tillman had his back to Randy so it would have been really difficult for Moss to get it back.

Maybe I am a little biased but that is how I see it...I will go get my bag on now...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk