Just finished draft... please check it out!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just finished draft... please check it out!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just finished draft... please check it out!!

Postby djerey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 am

Rate my draft! 12 team standard, pick #11

1QB 2RB 2WR 1 FLEX

QB -
Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer
RB -
Alfred Morris, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Daryl Richardson
WR -
Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, TY Hilton, Tavon Austin, Ruben Randle, Aaron Dobson
TE -
Jared Cook
Def -
Green Bay
K -
Josh Brown
12 Team H2H

K Love, G Dragic, G Monroe, D Lillard, P Gasol, K Lowry, A Varejao, G Hayward, T Young, George Hill, Mo Williams, B Beal, J Richardson
djerey
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Just finished draft... please check it out!!

Postby LMack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 pm

You are weak at QB, but you landed plenty of RB and WR talent to make up for it. Your top 4 at both positions is very strong, potentially strong enough to explore a trade for a QB upgrade. I wouldn't be opposed to moving one of your top 2 receivers to make a deal happen, as TY Hilton and Tavon Austin as your WR3/4 comes with tons of upside. Don't sell the farm to upgrade at QB early as you could be fine rolling with Dalton, but if there is a team who is severely lacking at WR you do have the depth to potentially make something happen.

Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FireGoodell » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:55 pm

djerey wrote:Rate my draft! 12 team standard, pick #11

1QB 2RB 2WR 1 FLEX

QB -
Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer
RB -
Alfred Morris, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Daryl Richardson
WR -
Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, TY Hilton, Tavon Austin, Ruben Randle, Aaron Dobson
TE -
Jared Cook
Def -
Green Bay
K -
Josh Brown

How did you end up with two bench QB's as your QB's in a 12 team draft when there are about 12 decent starting QB's in standard leagues this year? You went WAY too RB heavy. Instead of taking Bush you should have used that pick on a QB and you would still have had two excellent starters at RB with Richardson as a nice backup. If I were you I'd be targeting the guy that has an elite QB like Rogers/Brady/Brees/Manning/Cam and then wasted a pick on a backup like Russell Wilson. There are always guys in standard leagues that do that. They don't realize that when you have an elite QB you shouldn't draft a backup, period, you just pick up a guy with a good match up off of waivers when their bye week comes up. When you have an elite QB that bench spot is much better served for stashing a RB or WR. Target that guy and offer him Bush for Wilson, Romo, Kap etc. and also have him throw in another decent player to make the trade fair. Reggie Bush/(insert scrub) for something like Russel Wilson/josh Gordon would be a fair trade for example.
FireGoodell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FFBMASTA » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:18 pm

I agree with the other comment about your concerns at QB. I personally think C. Johnson and Welker are a bit overrated this year. I might try to trade both of them for a top 5 QB and a top 10 WR. I personally think Bush would be fine as your #2 and could outscore CJ. Also, I would probably drop Dobson. He is probably the 5th target option in NE even with Gronk out (Amendola, Thompkins, Sudfeld, and Vereen ahead). Maybe take another RB for Dobson.
FFBMASTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Return to Roster Ratings