Week 1 Flex

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 Flex

Postby ScottyWaz9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 am

12 Team PPR everything else standard

Greg Jennings v Detroit
Montee Ball v Baltimore
T.Y. Hilton v Oakland

I think on paper Hilton looks right, but I also have Reggie Wayne on my team. Right now I have Jennings in but considering Ball, its just really hard to start a rookie RB in that situation, I just have this gut feeling he is going to go 50 rush/50 receiving/TD. Which is a solid 20 pts depending on how many receptions.
ScottyWaz9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 Flex

Postby TruNinerFan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 am

i would start Hilton

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby murda42 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 am

Jennings is the play here.

Jennings is the #1 on an offense that is going to have to throw and score all day to keep up with the Lions. Ponder is not Brady, but he isn't Sanchez either. He can get the ball to Jennings and in garbage time Jennings will rack up points and yards. I could see 7-8 grabs for close to 100 yards and a TD.

Ball is not starting, and when he does get in the game, he will be up against a good defense. He is a rookie playing in the season opener against the Super Bowl champs. I don't see that as the game he goes off. He may see 10-13 carries and I don't see him averaging 5 YPC. He may have in the range of 3 catches. I just don't see him scoring more then 7-8 points.

Hilton is a good play and really coming on strong in fantasy, but he is still the 3rd WR in an offense that is going to run alot of double TE sets. He isn't going to be on the field for a decent amount of snaps. He is most effective in passing downs, and let's face it, how many passing downs are the Colts going to see in the second half against the Raiders? They are going to be in clock killing mode by mid 3rd quarter. Hilton has the talent and the potential, but its a risk play considering the game. Week 1, I like to go with safer plays and get that first win under my belt.
murda42 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 56)

Postby huyster1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Hilton. Christian Ponder? Nuff said.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

murda42 wrote:Jennings is the play here.

Jennings is the #1 on an offense that is going to have to throw and score all day to keep up with the Lions. Ponder is not Brady, but he isn't Sanchez either. He can get the ball to Jennings and in garbage time Jennings will rack up points and yards. I could see 7-8 grabs for close to 100 yards and a TD.

Ball is not starting, and when he does get in the game, he will be up against a good defense. He is a rookie playing in the season opener against the Super Bowl champs. I don't see that as the game he goes off. He may see 10-13 carries and I don't see him averaging 5 YPC. He may have in the range of 3 catches. I just don't see him scoring more then 7-8 points.

Hilton is a good play and really coming on strong in fantasy, but he is still the 3rd WR in an offense that is going to run alot of double TE sets. He isn't going to be on the field for a decent amount of snaps. He is most effective in passing downs, and let's face it, how many passing downs are the Colts going to see in the second half against the Raiders? They are going to be in clock killing mode by mid 3rd quarter. Hilton has the talent and the potential, but its a risk play considering the game. Week 1, I like to go with safer plays and get that first win under my belt.

Good analysis here, I'd follow this advice.
;-D
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby ScottyWaz9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:45 pm

murda42 wrote:Jennings is the play here.

Wow thank you I agree 100%
ScottyWaz9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jonesy37 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 pm

have to go with Hilton
see mine

viewtopic.php?t=537019
jonesy37
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 11)

Postby uber » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:56 pm

What does your lineup look like right now? I would go with T.Y. Hilton because you know they'll take some shots down the field against a Raider defense.
uber
Monday Morning Quarterback

(Past Year: 1)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:12 am

Well it's not Ball, not until we can see how the broncos will use their backs. So between Hilton and Jennings.. I guess go with Jennings who's the #1 in a run first offense with a QB who can't get the ball downfield. Hilton, while listed as the #3, the coaching staff already said that he and DHB will be in and out depending on what they want to do. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't flown past DHB in the depth chart. I guess it depends more on what you think of your line up, do you want safe? Then I think it's Jennings, do you want upside? Then I think I like Hilton better.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby ScottyWaz9 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:00 am

uber wrote:What does your lineup look like right now?

Colin Kaeperknick
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Wayne
Arian Foster
MJD
Brandon Myers
FLEX - currently Greg Jennings
ScottyWaz9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench