Rate my dynasty roster - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my dynasty roster - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my dynasty roster - WHIR

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 am

Well, the draft finally got here. I did a lot of prep work but I don't really feel good about the way things worked out for me.

League details -
16 team dynasty.
Starters: QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, K, team D
New rule change, if CBS site allows it, will be one flex position, RB/WR/TE, but you must start one at each position. I am assuming that the site won't allow for that.
All TD's are 6 pts, 1 pt/75 yds passing, 1 pt/25 yds rushing or receiving

Pre-draft roster, after August cuts (13 player carryover) -
Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton
Trent Richardson, Shonn Greene, Jacquizz Rodgers
Pierre Garcon, Alshon Jeffery, Malcolm Floyd, Denarius Moore, Greg Little, Jarius Wright
Fred Davis
Justin Tucker

I went in holding the 9th pick in each round. I felt that my largest weakness is RB2, so I was focusing on getting an upgrade there. The only rookie I really wanted was Giovani Bernard, but I couldn't get a trade that made sense for me, and he went at #2.

My picks-
1.9 Christine Michael
2.9 Lance Dunbar
2.16 Denard Robinson
4.9 Felix Jones
6.5 Browns D
6.9 Julius Thomas
7.9 Marlon Brown

At pick 1.9, there wasn't much left to give me immediate help at RB, so I went for the future with Michael (and possibly this year if Lynch goes down)

At 2.9, I think I reached a bit, I was hoping to get a good young TE there, but Eiffet and Sudfeld went earlier that round (both to the same team!), and I didn't feel the remaining TE's were worth it there, so I focused on RB again, and got Dunbar, another guy dependent on injury, also with a battle for the RB2 spot at Dallas. This is my least favorite pick, and that sickens me, since it was in the 2nd round. Bryce brown went with the next pick, I think i should have gone with him. But, DeMarco has a history with injuries, so I went the way I did.

I then had a chance to move up to 2.16, and I was hoping to get the OW, so I snagged him there. I'm just not sure if it cost too much to make that move, he'll likely be nothing more than a bye week replacement moving forward. Unless the Jags start utilizing Robinson's talents in unconventional ways, but I have no faith in that organization as it stands now.

From there, I think I did well. Tomlin has said a few good things about Jones (4.9), I would not be surprised to see him start a few games this season, with the rest of the RB's there not truly reliable options. The Browns D (6.5) was the best remaining on the board at the time, I didn't want to wait much longer and wind up with a lackluster D. I think Thomas, as the starting TE in Denver, is a true steal at 6.9, and Marlon Brown is a sleeper candidate, not bad for 7.9 in this league.

So, please let me know what you think. Did I help myself for the future at the cost of this year? Will I be able to put a decent starting lineup in most weeks?

Leave me a link, I'm willing to share my $.02 on yours!
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my dynasty roster - WHIR

Postby sabomnim » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

There is a lot going on here so ill make points on things i noticed

I actually really like the Dunbar pick. I would take him over bryce. Murray will get hurt and Dunbar will take over

Felix jones sucks but in such a deep league i know players are hard to come by. Bell might be back earlier than expected so he may not get many looks

Id look to grab ej manual if available. Hes very talented and if healthy he should have a successful rookie season like many rookie mobile qbs do. But it's a dynasty league so he is probably gone

I would have grabbed sudfeld in the 1st but Michaels may be valuable in a season or 2. I don't see him doing anything this season. I don't see Lynchs chances of injury being that high

Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Xezus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:48 pm

a 16 team is hard to judge. You have the goldmine in T. Rich as an RB1. I think michael was a good pick in the 1st round. in a 16 teamer its probably rare to have 2 starting RB's so you have to just load up on 2nd string talent and hope one finds playing time.

I wouldnt worry about passing up on bryce brown. He shows flashes, but he just will never carry the ball properly and because of that he won't get a ton of playing time barring an injury to mccoy. So its pretty much a guessing game as to whom will get a crack at starting someday.

You are relying on the future to grow which is always risky but thats the point of a dynasty, I am normally a fan of going for it all or rebuilding. I feel like you have solid pieces all around where you can make a play either way.

So the flexibility is there, just up to you on how you want to proceed haha.

thanks for the help with mine
Xezus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lafan313 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:57 pm

I personally like the Michael pick. He has gone in every redraft league I've been in, including a 10-teamer. I think there is a chance he gets some run this year even if Lynch stays healthy. The Seahawks are eyeing the playoffs and will want to spell Marshawn, especially when they are up big and later in the year.

LOVE the Julius Thomas pick. I live in Denver, and everybody here is super high on him. The starting TE on any Peyton Manning offense will get targets even with the talent they have in the receiving core.

I think Sudfeld is being overrated right now as he is more Gronk than Hernandez, and I don't see him being used as much in 2 TE sets once Gronk comes back like everybody thinks. For both this year and the future, I would rather have gone the way you went to shore up your RB2 and TE slots than Sudfeld and whatever garbage RB you would have gotten in the 6th.

Thanks for the help on mine.
QB - A Rodgers, E Manning
RB - A Foster, S Jackson, R Mendenhall, T Jones, R Bush
WR - G Jennings, L Fitz, S Smith (Car), P Harvin, V Jackson
TE - A Hernandez, J Tamme
lafan313
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby montrealbimmer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 pm

I like your first three picks. After that they're just fillers, which is normal. As for your lineup, if you can get a little help at RB, you can have a middle of the pack team. Definitely not a championship contender. Maybe in years to come.

Good luck
montrealbimmer
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)

Postby gsnts725 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Never played a dynasty league before, so I don't if I will provide much help but I will try. Your pre-draft roster is okay, though I hate Shonn Greene with a passion (jets fan). I think Michael could be a good pick-up because I think he will take over as the 3rd down back for Seattle. Dunbar also could potentially be a nice addition because Murray can't stay healthy. I'm meh with Denard Robinson and Felix Jones. Don't know much about Julius Thomas and Marlon Brown tbh. But if you say Thomas will be the starter in Denver then it should be a good pick-up as Peyton loves his TE's.
gsnts725
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)

Postby leffe186 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 pm

I think Dunbar is the pick of the bunch, from a dynasty perspective. Michael is a decent pick too. The Browns D is useful in the short-term, but if they are successful this year then I think Horton will be off for bigger and better things. Their secondary is also questionable in depth, and I still think the D will spend far too much time on the field.
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Postby Lips » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks for advice on mine.

I'm not in love with your qb's but I guess they're serviceable.

Your rb2 still is weak.

WR is a multitude of good guys, with no studs. Better than a stud and two duds.

Fred Davis, an average TE, but after graham, is anyone special (Gronk when healthy, but that's about it).
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby chiefsfan828 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Like the Michael pick for the future, plus if Lynch gets hurt he could really be a star this year. Dunbar pick is tough, but decent chance he gets some playing time with Murray's injury history. Should be a solid future pick as well.

For a 16 team league I think your team is pretty solid. Not sold on your QBs but in a dynasty league that's a tough thing to change.
chiefsfan828
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, feeling better about the drat already! Now let's play some football (that counts) already!!!

;-D ;-D ;-D
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Return to Roster Ratings