D Wilson for B Marshall............Is the hype real? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

D Wilson for B Marshall............Is the hype real?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Txbred » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:57 pm

From a value standpoint is this a fair deal d wilson for b marshall or is d wilson/#20-#30wr for marshall more in line?

Wilson's value has sky rocketed, I agree, but I watched the guy play last year and this preseason. He seems legit. With that being said he does have some question marks for me. Big load for a little guy, have a feeling to some degree the giants rb situation will be a commitee of some sort but at the same time feel like wilson will "get his". I have read concerns that he has a history of getting nicked up but im not sure what this is in reference to???? I just know about the fumble dog house last year. As you can tell I go back on fourth on the guy and cant decide if the trade is worth it so ill leave it to you fellas to help me out. Also to note though is if I did do the wilson trade I would then trade sproles or sproles and lesser wr for a #10-#15wr.

12 team standard scoring
M Ryan
J Charles
F Gore
Marshall
Julio
Sproles-RB/WR Flex
Dawson
HOU D

Bench
K Hunter K Moreno
C Givens J Gordon Den D
Txbred
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: D Wilson for B Marshall............Is the hype real?

Postby angels7777 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 pm

it's fair btu it looks like you need Marshall more

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=536923
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Txbred » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:21 pm

I appreciate your time to help me but I have julio and marshall, if I moved marshall and replaced him with a #10-#15wr I still seem to think my wr's are pretty solid
Txbred
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JMR162; » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:25 pm

I would do it. But even if u can't turn sproles around, I like Givens. He really could end up bein a legit #2 this year.

viewtopic.php?t=536978
JMR162;
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Txbred » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:30 pm

I agree, feel the same way about gordon though to. Not to mention out of no where ww wrs..... And in that case would have some rb depth will sproles on the bench. But based on this league I know I could move sproles for pretty good wr, straight up probably. 2-3 teams with all wrs and no rbs
Txbred
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby huyster1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Do it. You can try packaging Sproles with Givens or Gordon to get a better WR from someone desperate for RB. You would have a serious 3 RB set.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Txbred » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:35 pm

In a way it comes down to, is the difference of wilson over sproles more/equal/less than marshall to a #10-15wr..........?
Txbred
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FireGoodell » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Txbred wrote:From a value standpoint is this a fair deal d wilson for b marshall or is d wilson/#20-#30wr for marshall more in line?

Wilson's value has sky rocketed, I agree, but I watched the guy play last year and this preseason. He seems legit. With that being said he does have some question marks for me. Big load for a little guy, have a feeling to some degree the giants rb situation will be a commitee of some sort but at the same time feel like wilson will "get his". I have read concerns that he has a history of getting nicked up but im not sure what this is in reference to???? I just know about the fumble dog house last year. As you can tell I go back on fourth on the guy and cant decide if the trade is worth it so ill leave it to you fellas to help me out. Also to note though is if I did do the wilson trade I would then trade sproles or sproles and lesser wr for a #10-#15wr.

12 team standard scoring
M Ryan
J Charles
F Gore
Marshall
Julio
Sproles-RB/WR Flex
Dawson
HOU D

Bench
K Hunter K Moreno
C Givens J Gordon Den D

It's not even close, you keep Marshall, why in the world would give away a WR who barring injury is almost guaranteed to be a top 5 WR for a RB that even though I'll admit has upside, hasn't proven SH*T yet. You have Gore as your #2 who will most likely be a better fantasy option that Wilson already in your lineup and a good reserve in Sproles on your bench, why would you even consider this trade? If just makes no sense whatsoever to me. If you had something like Lamar Miller and Chris Ivory as your Rb's and this guy was offering you Wilson plus a top 15 WR I could see why you MIGHT consider it, but that's not the case, you have excellent starters at RB. Letting him have Marshall straight up for Wilson would be theft, ESPECIALLY since you don't even need him.
FireGoodell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Txbred » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Firegoodell, I agree with some of.your.points which is why I come here because I go back and fourth myself. To clear up a couple of things though, we start 2rb 2wr and 1 wr or rb in flex
Txbred
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FF For Life » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:51 pm

I wouldn't do it! You're not really getting any better for any given week. I would still go with Gore, Charles and Sproles and now WIlson just adds solid depth. IMO Marshall and JOnes just gives you a win in the Wr slots every week, two beast mode wr's, keep that together.
MY TEAM:
10 team 4 keeper PPR league: (Starters in bold)
QB:Brees,Rivers
RB: A.Peterson. Sproles, Murray (flex), DeAngelo Williams
WR: Julio Jones, Cruz,Garcon, Jeffrey, Douglas, ROyal
TE: Witten
K: Tucker
DEF:Carolina
FF For Life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions