pick week 1 qb WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

pick week 1 qb WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

pick week 1 qb WHIR

Postby k_dubya » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:18 pm

I have Peyton Manning and RG3. I know I am trying to parley one into another player but trading is hard right now. Everyone seems in love with their drafts still.

I need to choose between these 2

QB's get in this league get bonuses for longer touchdowns..... +3,+6,+9 depending on yardage. Also they get hellified bonuses for rushing yardage... hence my dilemma. How healthy is RG3 and how different is the Ravens defense???

Leave your link for the assist. Thanks ahead of time.
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: pick week 1 qb WHIR

Postby Delhomme17 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:25 pm

RGIII has a higher point ceiling, but until he proves he's back to his old self I'd steer clear if you have a suitable alternative. You obviously do, so roll with Peyton.

Here's mine: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=536991
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)

Postby techman5003 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Agreed. Go with Peyton. Play matchups with them until you can work a trade for almost whatever player(s) you want.
techman5003
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 167)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm gonna go the other way here.

Peyton is playing the Ravens, and though they lost some good 'ole starters, well, they were old, and now they have rebuilt the D with young talent. I'm not saying they're gonna repeat as Super Bowl champs, but it seems too many people are counting them out, and that's gonna be a mistake.

RG3 is healthy, and Shanny's gonna do his best to keep him that way. Coach has been giving his coachspeak to the media, that's what he does. And the skins are playing the Eagles, not exactly a top tier D. Also, you mention that there's rushing bonuses for QB's?

All things considered, I'd love to have the quandary you have, but I would want to go with RG3 if I were you.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536933
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby Team Gooch » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:32 pm

I would keep RG3 on the bench this week and go with Manning. All RG3 has done is practice this preseason and most of that was with 2nd and 3rd string up until last week or so when he started practicing against the 1st string guys. No preseason games, no contact at all so I would wait a week on him to see how he does.

help
viewtopic.php?t=537021
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Return to Who to Start/Bench