12 man league, new to this whole thing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 man league, new to this whole thing

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 man league, new to this whole thing

Postby d3z7ruc7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi, first post and a bit of a noob when it comes to fantasy football. We're a small group of friends in northern Norway who've followed the game for a couple of years, and this year we decided to try our hands at some fantasy football. I feel the draft went well, I went fifth and picked up Aryan Foster. Know it's a bit of a gamble, but with my very untrained eye I think I at least have some good players. Without further ado, my roster:

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB1: Aryan Foster
RB2: Steven Jackson
WR1: Demaryius Thomas
WR2: Mike Williams
TE: Owen Daniels
R/W/T Flex: DeMarco Murray
K: Phil Dawson
D: Broncos
Bench:
Joe Flacco
BenJarvus Green-Ellis (proposed trade for Anquan Boldin to a guy who has a ton of WR's)
DeSean Jackson (proposed trade for Ben Tate)
Denarius Moore
Cordarrelle Patterson
Emmanuel Sanders

So, any Ideas? And I do apologize if this is the wrong forum for this kind of post!
d3z7ruc7
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 man league, new to this whole thing

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Hei! Hello!
And welcome to the Cafe!

Not a bad team here, Kaepernick is a good QB to have, a lot of folks are predicting good to great things from him this season, though personally I'd say he's just another top 10 guy (as opposed to a top 3 guy)

Foster may be an injury concern, but he is a guy who you kinda have to take at that spot, because if he stays healthy, he's gonna be huge. Jackson at RB2 is solid. I would want more on my bench than just BJE or Tate.

At WR, I think you're sitting pretty well. And Owens should do you fine at TE, K and D are solid.

You might try moving Moore and/or Sanders for another RB. What is available on the waiver wire at RB?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby d3z7ruc7 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:33 am

Hi, and thanks!
Trying to pick up Tate because of Foster, really. on the waiver wire there's really not much to choose from. Justin Forsett might be a good pickup, but I'm picking seventh. Other than him, there's Michael Bush, Stephens-Howling, Daniel Thomas, Bilal Powell, most of which look horrible, from what I can tell. The only guy in the league with RB's to spare is a Chiefs fan and hates the Raiders, so offering him moore for someone decent would be taken as an insult. ;-7
d3z7ruc7

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:10 am

Note: It's Arian (not aryan, which is a term nazis used to describe their racial ideal)

QBs: Kaepernick was a fantasy stud second half of last year. Harbaugh knows how to coach. I think he's top 8 QB at least. FLacco is a servicable backup. I think you will be competetive here.

RBs: Assuming he stays healthy, Foster is easily a top 5+ back. I don't know what to think of SJax. He burned me last year, and looked less than stellar in the preseason. But he is on a much better offense and will get the lions share of carries. If Murray stays healthy (which has never happened) you'll be sitting pretty. But if you don't have any servicable options in case of injury or byes.I am guessing you would slide DeMarco up and throw DeSean in the flex.

WRs: Solid

TE: Meh. Daniels should get you 5-7 points a game on average.

D: I think Denver is a very good Defense, and probably a top 5 defense once Vonn Miller gets back.

Overall you did pretty good for a 1st timer. I don't think anybody is going to trade Law Firm for Boldin, but if you can get it, swing it. You definitely need to get Tate. If you can't swing another starting RB, see if you can get Jacquizz Rogers or Joseph Randle (or both) as handcuff insurance for SJax and Murray.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=537041
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby d3z7ruc7 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Both trades went through this morning. Any TE suggestions? :)
d3z7ruc7

Return to Roster Ratings