Have Dalton as #1 QB, trade for Luck? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Have Dalton as #1 QB, trade for Luck?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have Dalton as #1 QB, trade for Luck?

Postby mclager88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Here's my team. I'm thinking of offering Bernard for Luck (opposing team already has Brees). Any help appreciated!

QB - A. Dalton
WR - D. Bryant
WR - P. Garcon
RB - CJ Spiller
RB - R. Bush
TE - T. Gonzalez
W/R - L. Miller

BENCH
G. Bernard
J. Nelson
D. Woodhead
R. Hillman
mclager88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Have Dalton as #1 QB, trade for Luck?

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 pm

If that's a straight up trade, I don't think I'd go for it as the other team. And I love Gio. The other guy probably thinks along the same lines I do, and that is you really should have a solid backup QB, because that position is prone to injury, and also the highest scoring position in fantasy. So you want decent quality as an insurance policy. (at least I do) Unless he is really hurting at RB, then yeah, maybe I would.

Now, if you package Dalton in with a RB benchwarmer (Woodhead) then I'd probably be listening.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Re: Have Dalton as #1 QB, trade for Luck?

Postby Tayma » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:If that's a straight up trade, I don't think I'd go for it as the other team. And I love Gio. The other guy probably thinks along the same lines I do, and that is you really should have a solid backup QB, because that position is prone to injury, and also the highest scoring position in fantasy. So you want decent quality as an insurance policy. (at least I do) Unless he is really hurting at RB, then yeah, maybe I would.

Now, if you package Dalton in with a RB benchwarmer (Woodhead) then I'd probably be listening.

Basically what he said. Keep Bernard hes going to be the most productive out of your bench RBs. People have been saying Woodhead will almost take on like a Darren Sproles role with the Chargers. I personally dont believe that but he still will be a good piece of trade bait.
Fear the mighty SeaBengal, Half Seahawk Half Bengal. 100% Bad A.
Tayma
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions