RB- Steven Jackson
RB- Darren Sproles
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- Larry Fitz
Flex- Ryan Mathews
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Robbie Ghoul
Def- Dallas
BENCH- Mike Vick, Daryal Richarson, Shane Vereen, Le'Veon Bell, Chris Givens, Jordon Cameron.
Also Can't decided who to start at my Flex this week.
Thanks for the help.
SdxFactor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate PPR 8th pick 12Player

Postby SdxFactor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 am

bump
SdxFactor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Delhomme17 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:46 pm

QB: You're in excellent shape. If things play out ideally, Vick will play well early enough and you'll be able to use him with no regrets in week 4 when Cam has a bye. After that, you'll be able to shop him and turn him into some help elsewhere (see below).

RB: Great group. I like your top 2 a lot and am quite surprised Sproles was still on the board in what I assume was the third round. Nice pick up there. Mathews is a solid flex with high-RB2 upside. I love both Richardson and Vereen, the latter particularly in PPR leagues. Bell will provide value when he returns. Essentially, you have 6 guys who are startable as either RB or flex plays. Lot of opportunity to deal here, IMO.

WR: Your top 2 are awesome, but man are you thin! I like Givens' upside a lot and think he's got a great chance to break out this year, but to only have three receivers is risky. You have the ammo to trade away for a stud receiver, IMO, since I'd bet there are several teams in your league that are shakey at RB. If the guy who owns, say, Brandon Marshall/A.J. Green/Julio Jones is one of said teams, I think he would jump on a WR1 for Mathews and Richardson deal in a nanosecond. That would allow you to start a stud receiver at flex and not have to worry about which RB to roll with each week. Food for thought if you can swing it. I'd start shopping these deals yesterday.

TE: Gates is old and a shadow of his former self. I do like Cameron's upside, though, and think you may wind up starting him sooner rather than later (if you don't make a move). Here's where you can hopefully upgrade via Vick after Cam's bye. If you can ship Vick for a top-tier TE, either straight up or as a packag, you're in business. May be a bit tough in a 12-team league since QB is so deep, but if Vick performs well in the new Eagles offense he's going to be a hot commodity on which you should sell high.

Overall I think this is a very good team with the pieces in place to be a great team if you make a few moves. Definitely a playoff team regardless if guys stay healthy, but you could be flat-out dominant if you swing a deal or two.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)

Postby SdxFactor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Thanks I agree my league really didn't go after RB aggressively so I figured I jump on them and starve them. Which I did one person has Ben Tate as his RB2 as a result I'm trying to trade Ryan Mathews+ for his Jason Witten.
SdxFactor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SdxFactor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Yeah my first 6 picks were crazy good.
CJ, Steven Jackson, Sproles, Fitz, Cam, Ryan Mathews.
SdxFactor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Your starters are definitely above average for a 12-man league. Your leaguemates must have been asleep at the wheel. For sitting at 8, you did about as well as you could do at RB, while picking up Calvin at the same time. SJax went in the 1st round in my league, and Sproles went in the 2nd round. Fitz as your WR2 is great. Newton should score you a load of points. You have excellent depth at RB, and Vick as your QB2 is silly.

I don't know about the DAL defense, and I haven't been following Gates this offseason. But other than that, you look to be a solid bet for the playoffs.

Check mine?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=537041
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Roster Ratings