my internet connection ruined me - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

my internet connection ruined me

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: my internet connection ruined me

Postby matmat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:26 pm

rmcguire wrote:I waited until the last minute to bench McNair, at about 10:50 mountain time, and when I tried to go in and change to my backup Jeff Garcia, I couldn't get onto Yahoo's site, and I went without a quarterback.............

I then ended up losing our semifinal match, and if yahoo's site wouldn't have been down I would've had time to switch to Garcia and would've won to put me in the championship.....

that is the worst way to lose ever.

bad break.
next time have your backup in the lineup when your starter is a gametime decision -- that way you are pretty much guaranteed points, even if you can't get there in time to put in your starter.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latraffic » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:35 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I always (usually) err on the side of caution. If a guy is questionable, I bench him on Tuesday or Wednesday. If anything changes and I think he is worth starting hurt, then I'll switch it the last minute.

Same here. If they get the Q tag stuck on them, I slap them onto the bench and then wait and see. Four years with Yahoo has taught me that lesson.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:36 pm

That does stink... Should have switched to Earthlink :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Fern » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:37 pm

I got screwed to, when I found out Volek was starting I went to change my lineup and I was about 1 minute to late :-o I still have a chance at winning my game, it all depends on how the Dolphins do tonite.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Raven » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:53 pm

i feel sorry for all you guys. For me though the server being down saved me. I had this gut feeling to bench farve for vick but when i went to it wouldnt let me. It ended up saving me for this week. I would of been really pissed if i lost because of that switch. I went into the playoffs as seed one and i hope to win it all now.
New and confuzed.
Raven Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:01 pm

I've learned that leeson the hardway in years past. Thankfully I benched Bennett for D.Mason the night before this week.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk