10 Team Standard Yahoo - WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team Standard Yahoo - WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team Standard Yahoo - WHIR 100%

Postby ShivaBlaster » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 pm

Just had my second draft of the season, 10 team standard ESPN league. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/K/DST. I picked 7th overall.

My Team, round selected in brackets"

QB: Tony Romo (10)
RB1: Marshawn Lynch (1)
RB2: Matt Forte (2)
WR1: Reggie Wayne (5)
WR2: Eric Decker (6)
TE: Rob Gronkowski (4)
FLEX: Reggie Bush (3)
K: Matt Prater (15)
DST: Houston Texans (12)

Bench: James Jones (7), Stevie Johnson (8), Justin Blackmon (13), Mark Ingram (9), Isaia Pead (11), Joique Bell (14) , Fred Davis (16)

My strategy going in was to go RB/RB with my first two picks. I am pretty happy as I got 2 Rbs that I had ranked in my top 11. With my third pick, I originally planned on going WR, but there was a huge WR run before my pick came around, and opted for Reggie Bush instead as he offered far greater value and is a great flex play. I told myself going in that I couldn't let Gronk fall any farther than the 4th round, and was pretty excited to get him there. Definitely a risk/reward scenarion, but the reward outweighs the risks for me in round 4. Obviously I don't have a stud WR, but considering I didn't draft one till the 5th round, I'm not completely unhappy with getting Wayne and Decker. We only field 2 WRS and I am decently happy with my depth with Jones and Johnson on the bench.

Let me have it, how did I do?
ShivaBlaster
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team Standard Yahoo - WHIR 100%

Postby T-Lo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:21 am

You did alright, especially if Gronk plays 10 games this season.

I love Reggie Bush this year, having him as your flex is awesome, but you already pointed out the criticism I would say. That criticism is your WR is a little weaker for a 10 team standard.

I would say you have a solid team that is probably in playoff contention, but only middle tier. You may find yourself being the team that has to win that last game to stay above 1 or 2 guys below you who want to knock you out and take your playoffs spot. Once Blackmon is off suspension he and your other BN WR offer good value. Even if Bush were to go down with injury, I think you'll be okay.

Mine - viewtopic.php?t=537364
I don't expect much of a WHIR, unless you are familiar with multiple QB leagues. They can make for depth problems.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Re: 10 Team Standard Yahoo - WHIR 100%

Postby Broham » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 am

Overall, I really like the team.

Romo is a steal in the 10th round. Ok, I'm a little biased as a Cowboys fan, but most of my leagues he goes around the 7th or 8th!

I would consider picking up Christine Michael off of waivers, if he is available, as a handcuff to Marshawn Lynch. In the event he goes down or has back issues like what has plagued him in the past Michael will turn into Beast Mode 2.0.

viewtopic.php?t=537387
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Return to Roster Ratings