Fantasy Football Ethics - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Ethics

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Ethics

Postby lsufan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:44 pm

If you were in the super bowl against a team that has Portis would you try to hit the waiver wire and pick up all the available good RB's. My starters are set and I don't want to see t. jones, m. anderson, r. johnson, j. bettis, or c. buckhalter in the finals. I went ahead and picked up all of these RB's and droped my bench players. This is my second year to play and just wanted to know if this is smart or is this a big FF no no.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Football Ethics

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:46 pm

LSUFAN wrote:If you were in the super bowl against a team that has Portis would you try to hit the waiver wire and pick up all the available good RB's.

Absolutely
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lsufan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:48 pm

thanks 9er Fan. the guy i am playing is going to have a hard time finding a quality back. he is probably going to be pissed.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:54 pm

LSUFAN wrote:thanks 9er Fan. the guy i am playing is going to have a hard time finding a quality back. he is probably going to be pissed.

If fact, I will be in the superbowl of one of my leagues starting next week facing off against my brother. He has Portis, so I'm trying to figure out which RB I can grab off waivers to best screw him (I'm 1 spot ahead of him in waiver priority). Unfortunately, he already has Anderson.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

this is not unethical.

Postby matmat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:57 pm

excuse me for crossing sport boundaries... this is not at all unethical, the yankees have been doing this as long as I can remember... it's not like you're using a ruse to prevent him from picking anyone up -- and you might actually play someone you pick up.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latraffic » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:24 pm

You're using good FF strategy. If your opponent is pissed over it, tell him he needs to be paying more attention to his team 'cause if it was me and I watched Portis go limping off at the end of the game I'd been online grabbing another back faster than you can say "Mike Shanahan is a dumb*ss."
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:29 pm

Have you noticed that every time someone comes on here with an ethics question it ends up that he's using good strategy? Well, this incident is no different. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:10 pm

I'm not even in the losers bracket and i still picked him last week ;-D
survival of the quickest in FF
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby andrew » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:38 pm

i did the same :) did it all fantasy season. started off 0-4, and now i'm 9-5-1 and playing against the #1 team in the championship. not only that they only have one good RB in Holmes and they could've easily picked up r.johnson,etc but i made a play for the best RB's availibile. i have edgerrin james, shaun alexander, and i picked up thomas jones last week, and rudi johnson just yesterday. i had the 2 top FF defenses, new england , st. louis during the season. as well as trent green, chad pennington and brad johnson. i never played pennington, johnson but i sure didn't want to play against them.
andrew
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby phackney » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:26 pm

It ain't unethical at all, it's smart.
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk