Fantasy Football Ethics - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Ethics

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lsufan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:32 pm

I guess my opponent will not be too pissed. There is a few RB's still available on the waiver wire. Nobody I would start. I have had McAllister and Lewis all season. He has K. Faulk on his team. What do I care what this guy thinks. I don't know him. The main thing I was worried about was one of the loser teams dropping a bunch of good players on the waiver wire since I did it. I dropped pennington, st. louis def., a. johnson, j. mccairens.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:39 pm

That is a very good strategy. I have Portis and I am sure my opponent would do that to me if I didn't have Henry, Jones, RUdi, and Hambrick also.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby lsufan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:55 pm

The guy will likely start the two faulks. M. Faulk and K. Faulk. He is the 2 seed(11-4) and i am the 4 seed(9-6). I just beat the 1 seed(12-3) in the first round of the playoffs because of the Saints. I am in a 10 team yahoo league where only the top 4 make the playoffs. He has a good team but the guys in my league are weekend players. Very little waiver wire activity and when they do change there lineup, it is usually late in the week after I have picked through all the good players. I have to get in a more competitive league next year. Even if I get my butt kicked. I read about people on this website never winning there league and they have played several years in a row. I won my yahoo league last year and in the super bowl this year. Both times I was in leagues were I did not know the other people in the league.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:43 pm

While I do agree that it is smart strategy, it is against the Yahoo legue rules to grab player with the sole purpose of keeping them from another team.

But who is to say that it was the sole purpose? Rather vague to me.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Previous

Return to Football Talk