Can I win with this roster??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Can I win with this roster???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can I win with this roster???

Postby Thor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:19 pm

The commisioner changed the rules to only starting two RBs(only allowed to carry 4) and adding a starting WR and changing the flex to a WR/TE. I am the 2 time defending champion so I adjusted my draft strategy for the roster and rules

14 TEAM LEAGUE
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DT, HC
5pts per 5 receptions, bonus pts for TDs 40+ and 50+ yds.

BOLD = BASIC STARTERS
QB - Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB - Sproles, Bernard, Bradshaw, M Ball
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jefferey, R Randle, A Dobson
TE- J Graham, Z Sudfeld
K - Hartley
DST - Cowboys
HC - Jim Harbaugh
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can I win with this roster???

Postby Fufynono » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:34 pm

In such a big league I think you did really well espeically at WR and TE. Jimmy Graham is obviously a great pick but then to get Sudfield to backup is a great move. He should get a lot of play time this year with Hernandez gone and Gronk's injuries a huge question mark. Megatron and Dez are great in this league especially when you have the bonus points on long TD passes and you have a lot of players with upside behind them. I'm not a huge Romo fan but he usually does well in fantasy and since you have Dez as a WR as well I think that only makes him more valuable. You have Freeman backing up and in a contract year so he has some good upside potential and rookie EJ Manuel is an unknown but who knows with the way rookie QBs have been coming into the league lately. Sproles should have a good season again with Sean Payton back and getting that offense back on track. Bradshaw should be the starter this year in Indy as long as he can stay healthy and I'd imagine Bernard and Ball will be starters at some point this season and have a lot of upside but chaining your hopes on two rookies at a key position could be risky. I like the picks at Kicker, and defense but never played in a league with a head coach so I can't comment on that other than I like him lol.

If you get a chance can you check my team?
viewtopic.php?t=537500
Fufynono
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings