What is good production for a fantasy LB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

What is good production for a fantasy LB?

What is good production for a fantasy LB?

Postby Violent By Design » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Have Suggs on my bench since I opted to take him with my last pick, and I wasn't sure if he's worth dropping. I know his ranking is extremely low because he is not listed as a DL anymore, so I was wondering if this was a good game from him.

He has 13 points in my league. (2 points for tackles, 1 points for assist, 6 for sack)

4 Solo Tackles, 2 Assisted, 1 Sack

If he were to average something like that, would that be good or are his tackles too low?
Violent By Design
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What is good production for a fantasy LB?

Postby ramble2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 pm

I don't like relying on sacks to get my IDP points. Guys that rack up tackles tend to be more reliable point producers. 13 points in that system sounds great, but it's going to be feast or famine. So it depends on whether you want reliability or the occasional home run and some singles.

If you're on Yahoo you could do the following to get a sense of where he stands in your point system. Go to the players page, sort by "All players" (default is "All available players"), "D" position, and 2011 season (he missed too many games last year). That's your best case scenario with a guy like Suggs. Low tackle numbers compared to other LBs, but he'll get more sacks than most LBs.
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is good production for a fantasy LB?

Postby T-Lo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:31 am

In a league that rewards 6 points for sacks, I would go for depending on sacks. Leagues that have them valued at 3 or 4 is where I am less reliable on them.

Like if Von Miller was active in your league, he'd be a top LB option I think. If the league gave less sack points, he'd drop to a No 2. 13 points is about the minimum I would want from a LB each week. Some LB will have low weeks, but you want a guy who at the least can get 4 solo tackles and several assists.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to IDP