Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas

Postby tantrix1969 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Man what a nailbiter of a game,6 takeaways, 2 defensive scores & only won by 5. Love the Kiffin/Marinelli turnover effect but our offense needs work
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1899
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Dallas

Re: Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm

tantrix1969 wrote:Man what a nailbiter of a game,6 takeaways, 2 defensive scores & only won by 5. Love the Kiffin/Marinelli turnover effect but our offense needs work


They are amazing arent they. When they win they just barely win no matter the amount of turnovers, defensive TDs, offensive tds, doens't matter the game will be close. They will always blow coverages, commit penalties, whatever it takes to keep it close. I can't remember the last time I was sitting back in the recliner smiling like the butchers dog because they are blowing someone out. Just never happens.

Great win though :-D ;-D
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas

Postby tantrix1969 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
tantrix1969 wrote:Man what a nailbiter of a game,6 takeaways, 2 defensive scores & only won by 5. Love the Kiffin/Marinelli turnover effect but our offense needs work


They are amazing arent they. When they win they just barely win no matter the amount of turnovers, defensive TDs, offensive tds, doens't matter the game will be close. They will always blow coverages, commit penalties, whatever it takes to keep it close. I can't remember the last time I was sitting back in the recliner smiling like the butchers dog because they are blowing someone out. Just never happens.

Great win though :-D ;-D

Lol yep its frustrating to say the least, was really hoping we had put an end to just taking what the defense gives us but there it was. Not making more of an effort to get Dez involved was inexcusable imo, if he's doubled move him around,more crossing patterns, just do something. We did get the win though and anybody that said USC's troubles were on Monte can suck it!
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1899
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Dallas

Re: Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas

Postby TaDa » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 am

From a fantasy prespective, I know that the Cowboys won't be able to keep this up, but the defense looks to be the real deal. Adapted to the 4-3 very nicely. Kiffin has them headhunting for takeaways so I'm thinking that they'll quickly move up the D/ST rankings.
Image
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 4232
(Past Year: 100)
Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 1 GC: New York Giants @ Dallas

Postby tantrix1969 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 am

TaDa wrote:From a fantasy prespective, I know that the Cowboys won't be able to keep this up, but the defense looks to be the real deal. Adapted to the 4-3 very nicely. Kiffin has them headhunting for takeaways so I'm thinking that they'll quickly move up the D/ST rankings.

Yea of course I wouldn't expect that many takeaways every game but I don't think its farfetched to think they can end up top5 in takeaways by season end(depending on injuries of course)
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1899
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Dallas

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:03 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact