Rod Woodson...Cadaver Cartilage. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rod Woodson...Cadaver Cartilage.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rod Woodson...Cadaver Cartilage.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:38 pm

From PFW-Rod Woodson's wait for cadaver cartilage is over, and the Raiders’ 38-year-old safety will undergo surgery to fill missing cartilage in his left knee this week. Woodson is waiting to see how he recovers before making a decision on whether to return for an 18th season.

Give it up Rod.You had a nice career. :-o
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:55 am

Yeah really !! :-o
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby DUKE » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:59 am

nothing more to prove there...he's always been a big play machine
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby dihall » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:04 am

Too bad for a great player! Hubby had 2 ACL reconstructions and 4 or 5 scopes, not easy to come back from. Lots of pain involved. Woodson will really be sorry when he is old. Can't imagine what kind of pain he will be in by then! Time to give those poor dogs some rest!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:08 am

Jason White had two ACL replacements in two years. He blew one out and went through all of the rehab and stuff just to break it again. After he had that one and all the rehab he became the starting QB for the Sooners and they are in the Sugar Bowl and he just won the Hiesman. Can't say I like him, but I do respect him.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Super Freak » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:38 am

M_Zimm wrote:Jason White had two ACL replacements in two years. He blew one out and went through all of the rehab and stuff just to break it again. After he had that one and all the rehab he became the starting QB for the Sooners and they are in the Sugar Bowl and he just won the Hiesman. Can't say I like him, but I do respect him.

true Zimm but he wasn't 500 years old......he needs to retire just like Rice!!!!!!
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kashikis » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:36 am

Yeah I think he just needs to pack it up and go home now. He getting up there in age and will go down as one of the greatest CB's ever, even though he eventually moved positions.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:34 pm

He got put on the 75th Anniversary All-Star team when he had only played for like 6 or 7 years - so obviously the dude could flat out play. But, if you're on a team like the Raiders are now - going nowhere - you might want to consider signing a one day contract w/ the Steelers and hanging it up where you became a legend. Of course, since he didn't win a Bowl there he would freaking retire as a Raven... (Not to say I'm a Steeler fan, just think great players should stay with their teams).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Rod Woodson...Cadaver Cartilage.

Postby zombiez » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:54 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:From PFW-Rod Woodson's wait for cadaver cartilage is over, and the Raiders’ 38-year-old safety will undergo surgery to fill missing cartilage in his left knee this week. Woodson is waiting to see how he recovers before making a decision on whether to return for an 18th season.

Give it up Rod.You had a nice career. :-o
......I know Ill probably take a bashing on this one, but from what Ive seen of Woodsen over the years, if he thinks he can play, he will be back,would love to come back and have him play one more year for the Steelers, he would at least bring back something they have lacked, heart and soul on defense.....i'd rather have a 38 year old with a bad knee, then a 25 year old punk with no appreciation for the game
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk