Any other Spiller owners worried? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any other Spiller owners worried?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any other Spiller owners worried?

Postby mjedwards409 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Everyone has a few bad games, but after watching week 1 it seems like Spiller and FJax are almost splitting carries which concerned me. (Considering CJ was my first rounder) Anyone else concern? I own FJax as well but two RB2s dont make an RB1. Thoughts?
mjedwards409
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any other Spiller owners worried?

Postby murphysxm » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:29 pm

I would be happy to buy him low off you. Not worried at all
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Mercury0021 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:17 pm

generally the first 3 weeks of the nfl is very weird. i don't make too many calls on players abilities till week 3. for instance last year after week 1 kevin ogletree was the leading receiver in fantasy.... and i picked him up, and traded him for chris johnson, who came on late in the year.... let things settle down, defenses are always ahead of the offense at the beginning.
Mercury0021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:11 am

I am a rare owner of CJ Spiller that doesn't really believe him, however, i got a huge steal on him in my money league, which is why i have him, not because i believe in him.

Which i start to worry if getting Spiller was a steal or stupid seeing how F.Jax split carries and his not-so-good yards per carry performance against NE

i am still planing starting him every week, but as a owner who never believed in Spiller to begin with, week 1 is very difficult to watch.

i also started Megatron/T.Y. hilton !+)
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:03 am

who is not worried about Spiller? :-°
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby FirstCoast » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm waiting for at least another couple of weeks before I decide whether to worry or not, but I haven't been happy so far.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Cyclone » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Personally I thought he was ranked too high prior to the draft considering Jackson was still there and they pretty much split 50/50 until Jackson got hurt late in the year....I wound up biting on him and have been disappointed ever since. Provided they both stay healthy, both are a solid RB2 but nothing more. Plus Jackson has actually looked better than Spiller so far, and Spiller is already getting nicked up. I have both, so from a fantasy perspective it would be beneficial for one to miss some time, but barring that they are both RB2/Flex spots right now.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mercury0021 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm

i had jackson last year when he was "the man" and he underpreformed and was injury risk, now i have the spiller side and it's the same thing, new name. maybe i'm cursed with the buffalo backs...

i'm taking the risk and benching spiller this week for gio lamar and wilson (KC run d is bad and maybe NYG realizes they need to run the ball)
Mercury0021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby Houser33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:39 am

The problem in Buffalo isn't necessarily either RB but more the fact that nobody has respected a Buffalo QB since Bledsoe (as sad as that is). They stack the box when Spiller is in and dare EJ to beat them and when Jackson is in, teams are willing to let him run because his 'lumbering speed' isn't a homerun threat. That's the only reason FJax has looked better. Whether you want to blame the QB or the play-calling, I don't know. What I do know is that Spiller was ranked wayyyyyyy too high considering hes with a rookie QB and coach. For whatever reason, fantasy pundits assumed he was going to carry the ball 25 times a game which is silly considering the NFL as a whole has been trending towards RB committees for years.

That said, and as a Spiller owner, I have faith. Spillers a rare talent and only needs 10 touches a game to break one off but until Buffalo proves they can beat teams on the outside, and mix up their play-calling, im afraid we could see more of the same. I still wouldn't sell low unless im getting early-mid 2nd round talent in return (which is about where Spiller should've been ranked). Im hoping its only a matter of time before Spiller busts one for 80 yards.
Houser33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hodo233 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 am

I don't think anyone in my league would give me anything for spiller. they laughed when I picked him in the draft. He plays for buffalo they said. If I get in the playoffs spiller could come around at the right time. Jackson gets hurt. Manuel starts hooking up deep. Spiller could win it all for me. Its all about timing in fantasy football to me. Spiller is a dangerous rb. How good a qb is manuel going to be? He's the deciding factor here I think. He's a rookie. He might get better. If Spiller had got off to a hot start I'd be thinking he would get hurt or suck later in the year. this very bad start could be the beginning of something awesome.Things change on a daily basis. Good luck to us!
hodo233
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 36)

Next

Return to Football Talk