So, do we panic about David Wilson?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

So, do we panic about David Wilson??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So, do we panic about David Wilson??

Postby SSJohn311 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:06 am

I'm in the same boat, he was my #2 rb this year and this isn't looking good. 2 fumbles and a missed block that lead to a sack, he just looked terrible in the opener. I'm going to be picking up Scott this week and possibly whatever rb the giants sign this week, if they do sign one. I've hit the panic button on Wilson, as my rb's were weak already, with this I now only have 1 solid rb. Hopefully he can dig himself out of the dog house and show this was just some first week jitters.
SSJohn311
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheManWithGiantBalls » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 am

Wilson will be fine. He's in Coughlin's doghouse but Coughlin has also gone on record as saying the Giants need Wilson (yes,, he said that after Sunday's game). He's 22 and a very dynamic runner. He will get the ball control issues taken care of. Keep in mind that Dallas' defensive philosophy is to always try to strip the ball.

And think about it. You spent a relatively high draft pick on Wilson in some cases. Do you really want to jump ship after one game? Would you jump ship on a quarterback who threw 2 INT's his first game? Give the kid a chance. You wouldn't get a good return on investment at this point in time anyway.
TheManWithGiantBalls
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercury0021 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am

throwing int's is a ton different than fumbles. fumbles are directly the person's fault. an int has so many variables.... it's not like the qb throws it to the other team on purpose. wr run bad routes, wr bobble tip passes ect.
Mercury0021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 am

TheManWithGiantBalls wrote:Wilson will be fine. He's in Coughlin's doghouse but Coughlin has also gone on record as saying the Giants need Wilson (yes,, he said that after Sunday's game). He's 22 and a very dynamic runner. He will get the ball control issues taken care of. Keep in mind that Dallas' defensive philosophy is to always try to strip the ball.

And think about it. You spent a relatively high draft pick on Wilson in some cases. Do you really want to jump ship after one game? Would you jump ship on a quarterback who threw 2 INT's his first game? Give the kid a chance. You wouldn't get a good return on investment at this point in time anyway.

how long did we go without seeing wilson last year after he fumbled in the opener?? I agree with Mercury, INT's are not really the same as INT's, INT's can be on the reciever as well as the QB. Not to mention Eli has two superbowl wins that help erase any bad thoughts Coughlin might have about a few INT's.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 am

prophecy135 wrote:
TheManWithGiantBalls wrote:Wilson will be fine. He's in Coughlin's doghouse but Coughlin has also gone on record as saying the Giants need Wilson (yes,, he said that after Sunday's game). He's 22 and a very dynamic runner. He will get the ball control issues taken care of. Keep in mind that Dallas' defensive philosophy is to always try to strip the ball.

how long did we go without seeing wilson last year after he fumbled in the opener?? I agree with Mercury, INT's are not really the same as INT's, INT's can be on the reciever as well as the QB. Not to mention Eli has two superbowl wins that help erase any bad thoughts Coughlin might have about a few INT's.

While INTS and Fumbles arent the same this year isnt the same as last year. Yes, Wilson disappeared but he wasnt the #1 back there last year, wasnt even the #2. This year he's the #1 and they dont even have a #2 really.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 am

TheBeaker wrote:
prophecy135 wrote:

While INTS and Fumbles arent the same this year isnt the same as last year. Yes, Wilson disappeared but he wasnt the #1 back there last year, wasnt even the #2. This year he's the #1 and they dont even have a #2 really.

yeah, I agree with this, they don't have a #2 right now.. but I do expect his role to be reduced quite a bit.. They had no problem benching him for more then a half, don't see why they would have a problem using him in spot duty.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:21 am

prophecy135 wrote:yeah, I agree with this, they don't have a #2 right now.. but I do expect his role to be reduced quite a bit.. They had no problem benching him for more then a half, don't see why they would have a problem using him in spot duty.

yeah the question is: will he get back to the spot where he could really really help your team? If so then waiting it out if you can is important.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions