Should Dez Bryant owners be worried? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should Dez Bryant owners be worried?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should Dez Bryant owners be worried?

Postby jeff.miller21 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

I own Dez Bryant in one of my fantasy leagues and while I was watching the Sunday night football game I began to get nervous for this year. Nearly every single play Dez Bryant was getting double or even triple teamed by the Giants. Even when other receivers (Witten and Austin) having big catches, the Giants continued to double team him. Was this just a one game thing with the Giants? Or will every team be looking to eliminate Dez's touches? Not very worried about his injury also, he says he'll be ready for next week.
jeff.miller21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should Dez Bryant owners be worried?

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 pm

It was a clear gameplan to not let Dez beat them. Witten tore up the Giants over the middle all night yesterday. I think it will change week to week on Dez, but the man is way to talented to be held down like that all season.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Perhaps Bryant isn't quite ready yet. Seems like the uber elite WRs seem to have one thing in common. Even when they are covered, they are open. Maybe Dez doesn't know how to avail himself to Romo even when he is covered.
Once he understands that area above his shoulders is all his, he should never be covered.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cuffs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 pm

moochman wrote:Perhaps Bryant isn't quite ready yet. Seems like the uber elite WRs seem to have one thing in common. Even when they are covered, they are open. Maybe Dez doesn't know how to avail himself to Romo even when he is covered.
Once he understands that area above his shoulders is all his, he should never be covered.

In my mind, that's not Dez's problem, it's Romo's. Romo needs to be willing to throw those balls to him to give him the chance to go get it.

But that will happen. As a Bryant owner, I'm not worried yet. If he has another bad game, I'd try to buy low on him if I didn't already own him.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Return to Football Talk