Should we stream IDP against Philly this season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Should we stream IDP against Philly this season?

Should we stream IDP against Philly this season?

Postby ramble2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm

If Chip Kelly is planning on running anything like the ORE offense at PHI, should we be looking at PHI as a good opponent to stream IDP players against? The rough idea being, more offensive plays = more tackle/defensive play opportunities. It's kind of like thinking about closers in fantasy baseball: opportunity is 90% of the game.

I only got to catch snippets of the PHI/WAS game tonight, but saw a little graphic that PHI ran 51 plays in the first half. That's a lot of plays (right?), and from a fairly uninformed scan it looked like there were a lot of pretty high tackle numbers racking up among WAS defenders.

If you've got top line IDP then of course you should stick with them, but if you need to stream, what do folks here think about PHI as a good streaming opponent? Next week they play SD, and D. Butler is available in my league. I was disappointed with Russell Allen, and may try to swap them out.
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should we stream IDP against Philly this season?

Postby T-Lo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 am

As long as it is a guy you are comfortable with dropping and losing if someone takes him, I don't see a problem with it. Russel Alan isn't reliable to me.

Hell, I like Curtis Lofton but he isn't too reliable either.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should we stream IDP against Philly this season?

Postby wtr23 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm

I'd definitely add Butler, I'd probably keep him for the whole season too. Must be light on the IDP side if he's still out there. As far as IDP streaming... I've never really looked at it that way, but the logic is there. As long as you don't mind dropping a certain player to allow you to do this, I think its an interesting way to look at it and might be worth a shot in tackle heavy leagues
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to IDP