was offered Brady for SJax. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

was offered Brady for SJax. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

was offered Brady for SJax. WHIR

Postby wyld stallions » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 am

Ok, first I would never accept this trade but they guy is desperate for an upgrade at RB. I was thinking of countering with my SJax, TY Hilton, Amendola, and Bell for his D Thomas, Brady, and Lacy. What do you think? Sometimes I check myself just trading to trade. But my WR are very questionable and I would like to trade Amendola NOW. Just hate losing the depth at RB.

12 team, 2 Keeper league (one must be a rookie), ppr, h2h, 6pts/all tds, 1/30yrds passing, 1/10yrds rushing/receiving, 3 pts bonus for 300passing yrds/100rushing yrds/ 100 receiving yrds.

My team:
QB: Romo
RB: Foster,CJohnson, Sjax, Vereen, Bell
WR: Amendola, TY Hilton, Shorts, Randle, V Brown, Gordon
TE: Cook
K: Brown
D: play match up but currently NE.
wyld stallions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: was offered Brady for SJax. WHIR

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:11 am

I think either way you're trading to trade, the first trade is terrible.. the 2nd I don't see how you really make your team better. Romo is solid, last 8 weeks last season he was a top 5 QB, Brady didnt look like the top 3 QB we've seen in the past. I'd rather have SJax then Lacy and Demariyus, while he's great, doesnt make up for the difference between Sjax and Lacy IMO. And then you'd be stuck with the decision of Brady or Romo every week..

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537886
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: was offered Brady for SJax. WHIR

Postby default01 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 am

I actually like your counter-offer idea but am not sure the other team would go for it. If they're desperate for a RB upgrade are they really going to be willing to give up a high-upside player like Lacy even if they're getting SJax back?

What does the other team's roster look like? Is "Bell" Le'Veon or Joique?

I think the downgrade from SJax to Lacy is a lot smaller than the upgrade at WR and QB (even though I think Romo is really underrated this year). You're just giving up depth but that's never a bad move since it allows you to play the waivers more.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions