Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR***

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 am

Of the options, which would you take?

League 1
Dallas @ KC - not sure how I feel about this, KC's D is pretty solid and they have a QB who doesn't make mistakes.
Baltimore vs. CLE - kinda like this, but some know I do like the Ravens squad this year. Like that its home, like that they'll want to take revenge on someone, like that the Browns cant seem to move the ball.
Philly vs. SD - SD is historically terrible when flying across country and playing in early games, this is both and the philly defense looked pretty good last night
Carolina @ BUF - front 7 is great, Buffalo doesnt have a ton of recieving targets
Miami @ IND - the Raiders gave Indy fits at home, Miami looked really good against the Browns, though that could have just been the terrible Browns.

League 2
Dallas @ KC - see above
Detriot @ ARI - Carson will throw a few picks and get sacked a few times, but I think they score quite a bit as well..
Carolina @ BUF - see above
Miami @ IND - see above
Philly vs. SD - see above

League 3
Dallas @ KC - see above
Miami @ IND - see above
St. Louis @ ATL - just had them from last week, really like the squad but don't like the match up at all..

So far leaning towards Philly in all leagues, Rivers is a TO waiting to happen, the Eagles looked solid against the run last night and I dont think the Chargers have anything pass catching wise that's better then what the Redskins had. Also like Carolina and Miami, as alternatives, and of course I like Baltimore in league 1, just think they'll be out to make a statement against a division opponent who looked terrible week 1.

Thanks for looking, leave a link!!!!

***EDIT Cleveland is available in all 3, and they did look pretty good week 1 as well..
Last edited by prophecy135 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR***

Postby wyld stallions » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:16 am

I am going to play the Bal match up. I think Bal is going to be a bit upset after last weeks game and Cleveland didn't look very good. But if you are feeling risky, I would go Philly for the upside.

League two, I would go with Detroit at Arizona. I think the D will score and get a few sacks. But I am a bit of a Homer there.

League three: Philly here.

please help me: viewtopic.php?t=537884
wyld stallions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goose in my step » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:19 am

League 1 Carolina against EJ Manuel. I feel the pats were caught off guard by the rook. Panthers will have a week to prepare and their run D was spectacular against Lynch
League 2 I like Detroit. You're right about this probably being a high scoring game. But the sacks and INTs should make up for the yardage the lions d will give. I could see a pick 6 or a fumble returned for a td in this game for the lions.
League 3 - same as league 1

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537883&p=3539905#p3539905
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby petrieslastword » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 am

I love my Bills, but I'd be silly not to suggest you pick *against* them in all 3 leagues. We aren't going to score high and the turnovers will be there.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 am

Cleveland @ BAL is also available in all 3, they did score pretty well in the loss and their defense is actually really solid..
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby techman5003 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:07 am

League 1 - go with Balt.

Leagues 2 and 3 go with Philly

Thanks for the help with mine.
techman5003
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 167)

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am

I like Baltimore in all 3 if available, they have a good defense, have a lot to prove after the last game. Atmosphere should help as well.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am

Chicago 2 wrote:I like Baltimore in all 3 if available, they have a good defense, have a lot to prove after the last game. Atmosphere should help as well.

only in first league. :-t
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby unkle » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am

dallas at KC: hard to tell what the real dallas defense is. is it the team that generated all those turnovers or who gave up big plays by eli and cruz?

baltimore vs cleveland: i can see baltimore coming back and doing well. still a lot of quesiton marks

philly vs SD: philly looked good for first 3 quarters. i wouldnt discount positive effect norv not counting chargers. rivers might have a good year, but history is on your side

carolina at buffalo: rookie qb and while new england didnt look great against ej manuel, i figure the panthers will do a better job after seeing some in game footage

miami at indiana: andrew luck is much better than weeden and colts are are playing at home. hard to say

detroit at arizona: i could see this being a wild offensive affair with turnovers but i think the points given up might outweigh upside of defensive touchdowns

st louis at atlanta: atlanta doesnt have roddy white but should have plenty of offense

in conclusion

carolina at buffalo plus baltimore vs cleveland seem like safest bets although dallas and detroit could provide some upside if needed for that weeks match up

thanks for you help with mine
please help with my team, WHIR

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537880
unkle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Violent By Design » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

prophecy135 wrote:Of the options, which would you take?

League 1
Dallas @ KC - not sure how I feel about this, KC's D is pretty solid and they have a QB who doesn't make mistakes.
Baltimore vs. CLE - kinda like this, but some know I do like the Ravens squad this year. Like that its home, like that they'll want to take revenge on someone, like that the Browns cant seem to move the ball.
Philly vs. SD - SD is historically terrible when flying across country and playing in early games, this is both and the philly defense looked pretty good last night
Carolina @ BUF - front 7 is great, Buffalo doesnt have a ton of recieving targets
Miami @ IND - the Raiders gave Indy fits at home, Miami looked really good against the Browns, though that could have just been the terrible Browns.
I'd go Baltimore vs Cleveland. Ravens made some nice signings to replace their vets. They played pretty good against Denver, it's just Peyton made them look foolish which there is no equivalent to a Peyton on the Browns.

After that, go Carolina for sure. That's money right there, they have a very good defensive core that is ranked criminally low on most sites. They're up against the Bills who's primarily a running team, which plays into Carolina's hands.

Can't go wrong with those two.

League 2
Dallas @ KC - see above
Detriot @ ARI - Carson will throw a few picks and get sacked a few times, but I think they score quite a bit as well..
Miami @ IND - see above
Carolina vs Buffalo for reasons stated

League 3
Dallas @ KC - see above
Miami @ IND - see above
St. Louis @ ATL - just had them from last week, really like the squad but don't like the match up at all..
Still like Carolina vs Buffalo.
Violent By Design
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions