Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 DST Flavor of the week ***WHIR***

Postby utility-hook » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:24 am

League 1
I agree with you about the Ravens defense. They are definitely better than what they showed last Thursday against the Broncos. They should be able to redeem themselves against the Browns.

League 2
I like Detroit. Like you said, Palmer is good for an int or 2 and he will be under a lot of pressure which could lead to a fumble or 2 as well.

League 3
Im not sold on the Eagles defense after last nights game. They did well the 1st half but I think a lot of that had to do with Griffin seeing live action for the 1st time since his injury last season. He looked a little tentative out there and didnt seem to have a good rapport with receivers. In the second half, I dont know if the Eagles relaxed since they had a nice lead or what but Griffin became more confident and threw for 276 yds and 2 tds. As for the running game, there wasnt much in the 2nd half due to the Redskins being down. With all that said I would still probably go with the Eagles this week since they are the home team and facing Rivers and the Chargers in the early game. My second choice would be the Panthers against the Bills. All they need to do is shut down Spiller and the running game and then capitalize on the rookie QB's mistakes.

1 defense that you didnt mention that I might be considering (I cant believe Im saying this) is the Raiders. After giving up TDs on the 1st 2 drives against the Colts, they stiffened up and pretty much held Andrew Luck in check the rest of the way. They had 4 sacks as well. This week they get the Jags in Oakland with Chad Henne at QB. He should be good for a few picks. The Jags also gave up 6 sacks last week and were held to only 178 total yards. I just thought I'd pass this on for your consideration if you still couldnt decide on your other choices
Last edited by utility-hook on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DirtbagsFTW » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:27 am

I like Balt in league 1
Detroit is a solid option in league 2
Carolina is a solid option as well, they were pretty tough on the Seahawks and should be even better against the Bills
DirtbagsFTW
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rasmusDoh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:43 am

I like Carolina and since they're available in all league i'd go with them
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham