Julius Thomas worth a #1 waiver claim? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Julius Thomas worth a #1 waiver claim? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Julius Thomas worth a #1 waiver claim? WHIR

Postby strvmmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:25 pm

14 team league. I've got Heath miller waiting to get healthy and Tyler Eifert as a place holder until that day comes. I would have to drop one of Miller,Eifert,Golden Tate, or Decker to make room. From what I've read Miller might play this week.
strvmmer
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Julius Thomas worth a #1 waiver claim? WHIR

Postby kjmiller127 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 pm

I would take J. Thomas 100% if I were you.

Eifert is still a back up to Jermaine Gresham that is used in situations all the time.

Miller is coming off of an injury on what seems to be a bad Steelers team, that isn't going to be all of a sudden much better offensively with Miller in it.

Thomas has one of the best QBs in the league throwing the ball around, and even though there's tons of options for Manning to throw to, he has always liked throwing to his TE and they pass a ton.

help with mine please,

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537917
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Re: Julius Thomas worth a #1 waiver claim? WHIR

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:28 pm

kjmiller127 wrote:I would take J. Thomas 100% if I were you.

Eifert is still a back up to Jermaine Gresham that is used in situations all the time.

Miller is coming off of an injury on what seems to be a bad Steelers team, that isn't going to be all of a sudden much better offensively with Miller in it.

Thomas has one of the best QBs in the league throwing the ball around, and even though there's tons of options for Manning to throw to, he has always liked throwing to his TE and they pass a ton.

help with mine please,

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537917

Not sure Eifert is a "back up" he had as many catches as Gresham, and I think they played similar number of snaps, Gresham might have had more due to blocking abilities. That said, I guess to get Thomas, I'd drop Eifert. Thomas I feel like has a much higher ceiling, but you cant expect that Manning will throw 7 TD's every week so obviously all the bronco recievers have some inflated stats.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=537923
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions