Big trade, would you do it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Big trade, would you do it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big trade, would you do it?

Postby cjm3113 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Ok so this is a 12 team, 4 pt passing TD, 6 pt other tds, 10 per point rushing/receiving. 25 per point passing. PPR

I was offered:

Randall Cobb, CJ Spiller and Jason Witten for Marshall, Sproles and Graham. I think Cobb has potential for a huge season PPR (don't get me wrong, I know Marshall caught 120 passes last season). I could also get Finley if I wanted him instead of Witten. I have confidence Spiller will bounce back, and while Sproles is solid in PPR I think Spillers ceiling is a lot higher. Is the slight downgrade at 2 positions worth grabbing Spiller?

My team:

Stafford
Marshall
Mike Williams
Jamaal Charles
Sproles
Graham
Gould
Chiefs

Bench
Tavon Austin
Montee Ball
Chris Givens
Danny Woodhead
Marlon Brown
Jermaine Gresham
Last edited by cjm3113 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjm3113
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big trade, would you do it?

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Why would you make a trade for a te who will sit on your bench when you have Graham? Unless you have another deal to trade away Graham or Witten I'd pass on the deal. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537933
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby cjm3113 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Just fixed the mistake in my original post..

Cobb
Spiller
Witten/Finley

For

Marshall
Sproles
Graham
cjm3113
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Anelson1030 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:31 pm

i wouldnt do it, i also believe cobb will have a great year but its marshall, he will have a better year, and also jimmy graham is on a different level then those te's, stay put.
Anelson1030
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Delhomme17 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

I'd pass if I were in your shoes. You're right that it's a slight downgrade at two positions for and upgrade in one. However, with the timeshare we saw last week, Spiller's health history, and rumblings of FJax getting more involved, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Spiller really is in PPR formats. Not saying he's not better than Sproles--he is--but I don't know that he's worth giving up a top 5 WR and the top TE in the game.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)

Postby ffallday » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:56 pm

i'd stay put esp b/c it's ppr. sproles invaluable and more consistent in ppr format. marshall and cobb is probably a wash. graham > witten. spiller splitting carries/touches is concerning, but is a perfect time to buy low. this happened last year as well and although i didn't appreciate the stress, i ended up in the super bowl.
12 Team non-ppr, standard scoring (6pts/td)
qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1 flex (te/wr/rb), def, k

QB: Rodgers
RB: AP, SJax, Drich, Ingram
WR: Jordy, TY Hilton, Givens, Golden Tate, Vincent Brown
TE: Gronk, stream
DEF: stream
K: Dawson
ffallday
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Game » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I agree with everyone else stay put. The upgrade at rb in a ppr league is not big enough.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537940
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby FootballFan1233 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm

I would not make this trade.. Marshall > Cobb and if week 1 is any indication of how the season is gonna play out Fred Jackson will have a big role in that offense, or big enough to deny Spiller of the crazy workload he was promised in the preseason.
FootballFan1233
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cjm3113 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

So it's unanimous to stay put. I feel like Spiller's week 1 is weighing too heavily on some of these opinions. While I appreciate everyone's input I have to play devil's advocate.

Last season, Sproles rushed for 250 and 1 TD. Caught 75 passes for 700 yards and 7 TDs. I think it's fair to say he will have a comparable season.

Spiller rushed for 1250 yards and 6 TDs. Caught 56 passes for 450 yards and 2 TDs.

While it's certainly a question of whether he is going to reproduce that, or split carries...I think we are being unfair when we say that they have similar value in a PPR format. And some one has to agree that he still has the potential to surpass last seasons numbers? Spiller had 22 touches in week 1. He just didn't have a good week. I'm not concerned with his talent though.

Maybe the current proposal is giving up a little too much, but I think Spiller is FAR more valuable than Sproles (even in PPR) and would love to get him after week 1 with so much negative attention around his performance.
cjm3113
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions