Injury + Playoff Spot Clinched = Vacation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Injury + Playoff Spot Clinched = Vacation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Injury + Playoff Spot Clinched = Vacation

Postby slowkidz » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:39 am

Adjust your FF Rosters accordingly kidz!! It's that time of year again. You'll want to make sure you check what teams have clinched their spots in the playoffs, and if any of their key players are injured. If so, odds are they'll be resting over the next two weeks instead of playing. Make sure you know their backups! Teams fighting for the WildCard spots this week might be a good place to find a "sleeper" just waiting to bust out!! It's a tough time for those of us in the Big Game this week, so let's try to help each other out! ;-D

Some Key Injuries I can think of are:

Stephen Davis, CAR: from KFFL, "suffered a sprained ankle in the Sunday, Dec. 14, game against the Arizona Cardinals. His status for this week is uncertain and head coach John Fox admitted there is a possibility the Panthers may rest Davis to have him healthy for the playoffs. "

Isaac Bruce, StL: from KFFL, "Updating previous reports, SportsLine.com reports St. Louis Rams WR Isaac Bruce (ankle) will not practice until Saturday, Dec. 20, in preparation for the Rams' Week 16 game against the Cincinnati Bengals because of a high ankle sprain suffered Sunday, Dec. 14. Head coach Mike Martz said an MRI revealed the injury is "not very significant." "

Clinton Portis, Den: from KFFL, "Sources out of Denver tell KFFL Denver Broncos RB Clinton Portis (ankle/knee) is not expected to play in Week 16, especially with the game being played on artificial turf against the Indianapolis Colts. "
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:42 pm

Thanks, I have Portis and I think I will have him on my bench. At east I have Thomas Jones and hambrick to back him up. Foster has already been picked up and I don't think I want Looker when Holt is healthy.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby slowkidz » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:00 pm

Here are some others that may not play...

excerpt from SportingNews:

The players to worry about are the ones on teams that are locked into a playoff seed. This concern multiplies tenfold when one of those players has an injury. Last season, the 49ers could not move up or down from the No. 4 spot, and the team was able to rest Terrell Owens (groin). Players to keep in mind as Week 17 sitters include Cincinnati's Corey Dillon, Denver's Clinton Portis and Tennessee's Steve McNair.

Teams from the other side of the spectrum could also sit injured stars. It's unlikely that the Giants will bring back Jeremy Shockey (knee) for the season finale. It's not as if playing Shockey would save Jim Fassel's job.

slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:58 pm

Thanks Slow, I just grabbed Foster in case I have to sit Davis. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Chopper » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:02 pm

Thanks, Slow.

Gotta wonder about the McNair call, though. Who's gonna start? Jason Gesser or Neil O'Donnell????? I gotta think that McNair will play. Then again, I thought that last week.....
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:15 pm

Chopper wrote:Thanks, Slow.

Gotta wonder about the McNair call, though. Who's gonna start? Jason Gesser or Neil O'Donnell????? I gotta think that McNair will play. Then again, I thought that last week.....

They just said that Neil is too expensive so now it is Chraig Henrich or Gesser.

I hope Dillon doens't play. Then I could start Rudi in Portis' place.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:41 pm

Thomas Jones and DeShaun Foster both make great replacements for S. Davis and Portis this week.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Chopper » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:55 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Chopper wrote:Thanks, Slow.

They just said that Neil is too expensive so now it is Chraig Henrich or Gesser.

Not that it matters much from a fantasy standpoint, but Jeff Fisher said this morning that he expects O'Donnell at practice this afternoon. He wouldn't get pinned down to naming a starter, but its probably safe to assume that McNair has very little chance of playing this weekend. Fisher did say that if playoff seeding issues are firmed up by next week, Gesser will see significant PT.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:10 pm

a quick to the latest Injury Report for everyone...

KFFL Injury Report
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tbones » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:42 pm

What about da Priest, do we play him this week. I know Larry Johnson and Derrick Blaylock are the backups, but who will play more?????
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk