New league idea?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New league idea??

Moderator: Football Moderators

New league idea??

Postby GFFLcommish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:15 am

Just wanting to get a little feedback from you guys about a new league idea I'm kicking around for next year.

I doubt it is original, but I'm thinking a 32 team / 2 conference league / 8 division. Each conference will have its own set of players. The league will only have 16 people in it. Each person will get a team in each conference. There will be no trading between the conference's. Not sure yet of any of the other details.

Just wondering if you guys think this would be a cool concept or not?

thanks in advance
GFFLcommish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: New league idea??

Postby DTMan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm

So each owner gets a team consisting of say 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF (plus a bench) from the AFC and one separate team from the NFC? And I could trade, say, Kaepernick for Forte but I could not trade Forte for any AFC player?

I think it's intriguing. Have you thought about which site you'd use to run this league and confirmed that it has the functionality you need? I'm not sure how the draft would be run, for example, with each owner picking two teams. And you'd want to set the schedule so that each owner's AFC team and NFC team don't play each other, etc.

If I were commish I'd probably set the entry fee for Year 1 pretty low and call it a beta, and then up the stakes in Year 2 once you know you've got something that works and have had a season to work through whatever kooky situations arise.

I vote "cool concept". Post back sometime letting us know if you decide to do it.

Dan
DTMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Re: New league idea??

Postby GFFLcommish » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Basically each conference would have its own draft, waiver wire, trades, etc. each conference would play its games within their own conference and the only time the two conferences would cross paths is for the league championship. Which would put each conference champ against each other.

Each owner would have a team in each conference. So the ultimate goal would be to build two great teams and have them face off into league championship game.

The draft order would be opposite in each conference. Meaning if you draft first in conference a then you would draft last in conference b.

Not sure at this point if it will be keeper, dynasty, or redraft.
GFFLcommish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Commissioner's Corner