Murray, Olsen and Brown for Wallace, JThomas, Bradshaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Murray, Olsen and Brown for Wallace, JThomas, Bradshaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Murray, Olsen and Brown for Wallace, JThomas, Bradshaw

Postby POJO_Risin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:23 pm

I get Wallace,Julian Thomas and Ahmad Bradshaw...

Any thoughts on this one? I'm not big on Wallace, but it is an interesting trade possibility...

WHIR

12 Team Head to Head, 2 player Keeper League--WR PPR RB...the positions are fixed (4 RB, 4 WR, 2 QB, 2 TE, 1 Def, 1 K)

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB DeMarco Murray, Dal RB
RB/WR Darren Sproles, NO RB
WR T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR
WR Vincent Brown, SD WR
FLEX James Jones, GB WR
TE Greg Olsen, Car TE
D/ST Steelers
K Randy Bullock, Hou K

Bench Eric Decker, Den WR
Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB
Bench Fred Davis, Wsh TE
Bench Andy Dalton, Cin QB
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Murray, Olsen and Brown for Wallace, JThomas, Bradshaw

Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks for mine. I don't think I like this deal for you. Murray, assuming health, is the most valuable player in this trade, and my rule of thumb is whoever gets the best player in the deal probably won. Thomas had a great debut, but I want to see it again (and probably again after that) before I'm convinced of his trade value. Olsen is going to be a target hog, along with Steve Smith, because Cam has no one else to throw to. I don't care much for Wallace either. And if Ballard continues to play well, you're getting a timeshare back in Bradshaw, in exchange for a feature back in Murray. I say don't do it. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't like this deal, mostly because of the players youre getting. Yeah Julius Thomas is a great player, do I think this owner is trying to sell high? Of course I do. I do not like Mike Wallace, and would rather have Antonio Brown, I would much rather have Murray over Bradshaw. I don't think Olsen is bad at all, and I would rather keep Brown and Murray.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby richter35 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am

I dont like this deal at all. Murray is the best player in the deal. Olsen has the ability to be a very good te option. Bradshaw right now is SLOWLY making his way back into the lineup, Wallace is gonna get shutdown when he plays top corners just like last game, and as much as everyone loves Thomas he had one great game. Peyton has tons of receiver options and to me next week it could be decker who goes off like thomas did. Its a roll of the dice unless you have welker or D thomas. In the end keep what you have youll be happier in the long run.

Please help with mine..
viewtopic.php?t=538156
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby FosterKnows » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Agreed with the above statements, don't like your outcome. Murray is a beast when he plays, like said, he's one of the players everyone kind of expects to miss games but until he does you're getting top value out of him. Or say he doesn't get hurt and ends up well in the top 10 you would be kicking yourself for swapping for Bradshaw. Which being a Jets fan I've got to watch a lot in the past and even just on a last week analysis, do not like. I think he is snowballing into an injury plague and having a younger more athletic back splitting carries with him is not in his favor. So you would be losing a "cowbell" premiere back with the potential of missing some games for a guy that has the same issues but won't put up nearly as many points.
As far as Olsen and Thomas, it's a pretty tough call but being a PPR league I would have to stay with Olsen. I know Thomas had that huge performance last week, but he was super under the radar in defenses eyes and now they are going to watch him more. Also there is just so many mouths to feed in that offense and you can't expect Peyton to throw for 7 every week so it's kind of a gamble who will have the "big week" in Denver every week, most likely Demaryius followed by Wes. So Olsen will get more consistent targets and the occasional TD, where Thomas is a boom-or-bust play weekly.
Wallace and Brown. I think Wallace probably has the more upside here, but all off-season they talked about the chemistry being off between him and Tanehill and it showed through the preseason and even last week. Obviously they brought him in to take over Hartline's role as No.1 receiver and Hartline still out played him. Maybe in time he could have value but I like Brown here too. He did only have a catch or two Monday night but one was for a TD. You have to remember he missed last years whole entire season so he is going to be shaking the webs off for a few weeks before he gets to full potential. But for being rusty and still scoring a TD shows a lot of upside. Hope my novel of a reply helped.
FosterKnows
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 25)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions