TRADE HELP!!! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

TRADE HELP!!! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

TRADE HELP!!! WHIR

Postby richter35 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey everyone! hope everyone had a good week 1 to their fantasy season. I was offered a 2 for 2 deal tonight and could use your opinion on it. Let me know what you think and i will return the favor to your questions.

I am in a 10 team PPR league, 6pts for all tds. Start 1qb, 2wrs, 2rbs, 1flex, 1k, 3idp

The trade is.. Im giving up Matt Forte and T.Y. Hilton for Marshawn Lynch and Jordy Nelson. What do you guys/girls think?

My Team:
QB: Matt Ryan and Bradford
WR: R. White, V Jackson, T.Y Hilton, Decker, and Marlon Brown
RB: D. Martin, M. Forte, Lacy, Gio Bernard, L. Bell
TE: Cook and F. Davis
K: Dawson
IDP: Bowman, Cushing, Posluzny

His Team:
QB: P. Manning
WR: D. Thomas, D. Bowe, J. Nelson, A. Jeffrey, Britt
RB: Lynch, Murray, Bradshaw, Ivory, Moreno
TE: Gronk and Winslow
K: Bryant
IDP: Watt, Ihenaco, R. Quinn

My other question is who should i start as my 2nd wr this week since im going to keep Roddy White on my bench until he is back healthy since he was only used a decoy last week. Its between Decker, Hilton, and Brown. I love brown's matchup this week and i believe he will torch the terrible Browns defense with Haden defending Torrey Smith.

Please help me as soon as you can, and i promise i will do my best to help you with anything you need. Thanks.
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TRADE HELP!!! WHIR

Postby Venom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Lynch >> Forte
Nelson > Hilton

Easy.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby richter35 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 pm

I definatly agree that Nelson is better than Hilton but idk about Lynch and Forte. I love the new system in place for chicago and Forte is gonna get alot of checkdown looks which means loads of ppr points and yds. Lynch barely catches the ball which makes me nervous.
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby Venom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:43 pm

richter35 wrote:I definatly agree that Nelson is better than Hilton but idk about Lynch and Forte. I love the new system in place for chicago and Forte is gonna get alot of checkdown looks which means loads of ppr points and yds. Lynch barely catches the ball which makes me nervous.

How many catches do you expect Forte to get? Even at a 1 point PPR the TDs points that Lynch produces vs Fortes TDs makes my decision. Without looking at the numbers I think Lynch had 12 TD last year...at 6 points per is 72...and Forte had like 2? Forgive me if I am wrong but I'd take the TD machine.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby richter35 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Venom wrote:
richter35 wrote:I definatly agree that Nelson is better than Hilton but idk about Lynch and Forte. I love the new system in place for chicago and Forte is gonna get alot of checkdown looks which means loads of ppr points and yds. Lynch barely catches the ball which makes me nervous.

How many catches do you expect Forte to get? Even at a 1 point PPR the TDs points that Lynch produces vs Fortes TDs makes my decision. Without looking at the numbers I think Lynch had 12 TD last year...at 6 points per is 72...and Forte had like 2? Forgive me if I am wrong but I'd take the TD machine.

I think Forte will have around 60-70 catches this year if he can stay healthy. The new coach wants to run his offense around Forte and Marshall. and from the 1st game Forte has actually been getting the goaline work and scored on his chance which means to me that his tds will be up. He may not get 12 or 13 rushing tds, maybe more like 6 or 7 but with his recieving game i think he can catch a couple of tds and make his total up to 10-12.

Lynch is a monster tho running the ball but with no other recieving threat besides Tate i think they are stacking the box and making it hard for him to do his thing. Im really only doing this deal because of Roddy white's injury status for the next couple of weeks. I feel like Lacy and Gio Bernard will bust out but i need some wr help in the long run with just two very strong recievers and two guys in Decker and Hilton who COULD be solid starts once in awhile.
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby Venom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 pm

So lets say we agree that Lynch and Forte will have similar numbers.

A healthy Nelson will produce more than Hilton. Done deal.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby richter35 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:03 am

Venom wrote:So lets say we agree that Lynch and Forte will have similar numbers.

A healthy Nelson will produce more than Hilton. Done deal.

I get what your saying about td difference but in a ppr league if forte gets me 40 catches more than lynch and thats being on the really low side, that covers about 7td difference. So Forte only needs 5tds rushing and recieving combined in order to beat out Lynch. Yards wise its a wash bc forte gets alot more receiving yards that make up for the lack of rushing yards although ill give lynch the edge in total yards at the end of the season by maybe about 200yds..
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby DistractedX » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am

I believe there is more upside in ppr with forte and t.y. the safer bet would be jordy and lynch. The colts plan to use Hilton a lot more than they did week 1, he's the best receiver on the team unlike jordy believe it or not and I believe they'll begin to use him a lot like a Cobb, harvin, and now desean Jackson. But the safer side is sticking with lynch even though I don't think he'll produce like last year. Forte is the show in Chicago, marshals a decoy haha, and I think he could very well have a better year than lynch, especially in ppr.
DistractedX
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)

Postby richter35 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 am

well im definatly getting the better end in the wr department in Nelson for Hilton. But the Lynch and Forte part has me handcuffed here. I think they could either be a wash or forte will end up being the better back in the end bc of the dual threat and his new coaching change, i love how the offense runs through forte and he just looks like a monster this year.
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby MRiH » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 am

With Roddy White being uncertain and needing the WR Help, I would take it.
Lynch won't be bad, the Panthers have a solid front seven. And it's you don't need to rely on Lynch as an RB1. I like the deal.

Thanks for helping with mine.

Also, if you get Nelson in time, he'd obviously be your WR2. If not, I might play Brown. He should have good matchups.
MRiH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 76)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions