Offering my help all year, but Have a Megatron/Fitz question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Offering my help all year, but Have a Megatron/Fitz question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Offering my help all year, but Have a Megatron/Fitz question

Postby Senseimatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:46 am

Hey all. Playing in another 8 team standard scoring league. Didn't plan on playing one this year, but I'm in 3lol. Here's my team and how I drafted.

QB:Brady(43), Stafford (86) I wanted Kaep, but someone got him early. Some say he's overrated. Those people aren't aware how accurate he and RG3 are.

RB1:Gore(27),D. Wilson(22) Wilson I didn't want bc of fumble issues, but took bc of high praise froma giant fan, his job secuirty has me looking to trade

RB2: Lacy(54), L. Miller (59), M. Ball(75), Bernard(102) I didn't know too much about these RBs, Don't watch to much college.

WR: Megatron(6)

WR: Bryant (11), Hilton (91), Boldin(waivers, 107*)

TE: Gronk(38), Eifert(107* dropped for Boldin)TE was worthless last year minus Gronk. Back for week 3, yes please!

Def: Bengals(70)-The defense I wanted, but not this early in the draft.

Flex: any RB/WR/TE

K: Brown(118)

I thought my league was full of suckers because they grabbed defenses and kickers when Wes Welker was available, but I blinded myself too with my strategy and drafted M. Ball 2 picks before Welker went. I don't know these RBs well enough since they're mainly rookies or have limited play. Although I avoided Wilson in another league because of the fumbling issue. !+) Lacy scored on SF, that warrants another few weeks imo. Hall can't block I hear, but I actually saw the phins o-line can't block. Miller might be decent, but I'm not attached.

The trade I was offered was his Fitz/D. Murray/TBD player for my Megatron/Miller. WW looks weak for RBs with mostly handcuffs available and the injured Le'Veon Bell. WR has some names like M. Williams, Hartline, and some other decent wideouts available. This trade won't be there next week. He's trying to sell high on Fitz, and he didn't expect me to offer Megatron. I might pick up Ben Tate dropping Hilton, get Murray, stash Wilson, then watch this week before I drop another player and then add either another handcuff like Kendall Hunter or a reliable WR like Williams. Opinions/advice?

WHIR, also if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message. Not just about fantasy, but football in general. I read ESPN and Bleacher Report, but I base everything on what I see on the field. I don't just regurgitate something said on a podcast. I can't watch every game, but I have more knowledge about the game than any writer* on ESPN. How do I get a job there? Seriously if anyone knows the qualifications to write for them, I'd like to know. Power Rankings make me mad, and they ranked my team, 9ers, number one so I'm not bitching my team isn't high enough. It's actually the team they beat dropping that annoyed me. Packers looked very solid in that game. Patriots looked pedestrian in their victory and moved up.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Offering my help all year, but Have a Megatron/Fitz ques

Postby 16FAC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 am

At the current time Murray is an upgrade over Miller but once MIA commits to him, I'm not so sure. Count it as an upgrade but keep in mind Murray's health record. You lose at WR but Fitzy is no slouch! You do get a defense but is the upgrade enough to offset losing Johnson?

Its just me personaly, but I wouldn't take the trade.

Please hit mine:
viewtopic.ph538174p?t=
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby Senseimatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:00 am

The link for your thread won't open on my phone. What's the thread name and what section?
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 16FAC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:02 am

"Who's getting their lips ripped in this trade?WHIR!"
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby Senseimatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm

The third player would probably CJ2K or I could push for one of his WRs(Amendola/Bowe/Wallace/Austin). I don't like him or Murray, but Fitz's surrounding cast could make him as valuable as he was in 08. And if he can replicate that success, then he's better than Megatron imo. He's got better hands and will have less double coverage. Palmer made Chad Johnson a star and he sucked. Fitz is a star and he's good enough to wear 81 on the Lions.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions