Who is getting their lips ripped off in this trade? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is getting their lips ripped off in this trade? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is getting their lips ripped off in this trade? WHIR!

Postby 16FAC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:58 am

12 team league starting 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLX,1 1D & 1K. 6pts all varieties of td's, 1/50 pass 1/20 ru & rec. Non ppr.

My team:------------His team:
Peyton---------------Romo
Marshall------------- V. Jax
Shorts----------------Austin
D. Martin------------T. Richardson
McFadden-----------Chris Johnson
V. Davis--------------J. Graham
Sproles---------------D. Richardson
Bullock----------------Hartley
DAL-------------------DET

BN:
E.Sanders----------- K. Thompkins
Jennings-------------Gronk
Powell----------------Tate
D. Thomas---------- Gordon
Big Ben---------------Schaub

He wants DAL's Defense bad! Its his favorite team and he watches every second of every game! He is offering Jimmy Graham, Daryl Richardson and Detroit's D for my Vernon Davis, Darren Sproles, and Dallas defense.

I feel like I am gaining slightly at TE but losing slightly to medium at Rb and losing at D. Is my observation correct or is the Graham upgrade the trump card? Seems like I'm giving too much with the possibility of Davis looking very studly!

Put up your link and I'll hit it!
Last edited by 16FAC on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is getting their lips ripped off in this trade? WHIR

Postby rasmusDoh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 am

This is a tough one. Being a Graham owner i ofc love him. But Davis did look very good!

I'm playing PPR, so not sure how close Sproles and Richardson are in standard, but feel like its kinda close!?

I also don't think the DAL D will be this good all season and Detroit is pretty descent i guess. Maybe some other defs in FA so you can play matchups?

All in all i'd love to have another week to see how Davis does. But its against SEA, so might be tough.
In non-PPR i think i'd do this trade just to get Graham, but its very close
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 182)

Postby 16FAC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:32 am

thanks.
sorry for the jacked up post....I fixed it with dashes!
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby manoosie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 am

The defenses are irrelevant because they both stink. Better to stream defenses anyways.

Graham is the best player in this deal, and its not close. Davis will not match Graham this year. That is automatic.

Sproles is certainly better than Richardson, and your RB position is fairly weak.

See if he will do the trade minus the RBs.
manoosie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby joegoody41 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:11 am

Tough one. If it's non-PPR, I'd say Richarsdon is pretty close to Sproles and then you upgrade a bit with Graham. I'd say go for it, but it's very close.

Thanks for help on mine.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 am

I'd make this trade b/c it's a non-PPR (and thus Sproles is only a slight upgrade over Richardson). Defenses are irrelevant and Graham is a big upgrade over V. Davis.

No-brainer IMO.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:51 am

I think theres no doubt Jimmy is an upgrade over Vernon but i think Vernon is in for a good year, hes gotta be their number 2 option behind boldin.....Im still iffy about Richardson and I like sproles even in non ppr hes so consistent, not spectacular but always shows up.... That being said Id do it Jimmy is the deciding factor for me, just hope richardson comes thru
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Senseimatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:57 pm

I wouldn't say "OMG GRAHAM for Davis!".

Don't look at the last 6 weeks of last season. Kaep spent the entire off season working with his receivers, and Davis is now in a TE/WR position. They were in trial mode at the end with play calling, but went with more consistent calls in the playoffs(and who was targeted?). Niners will be more vertical with their game and Davis will be targeted. They wanted bigger stronger receivers to compete with the Seahawks secondary, so they are designing their passing game to target the big guys, Boldin and Davis, in the end zone. The 9ers have Crabtree and Manningham on the PUP list, so Boldin/Davis>Williams>Patton/Moore/Baldwin as far as targets. Davis has better hands than Graham and gets a higher YPA on his passes. Davis could be the #1 target for Kaep as a deep threat(I'd watch Sundays game to see how the hawks cover Boldin/Davis to determine that), while Brees will target Graham on short routes making Graham work for YAC. In fact I would wait till after Sunday to do this if you are going to. If Davis can do well @ Seattle, then his value skyrockets. And I noticed he's got Gronk stashed, so he may see higher upside in VD like I do. Sproles and Dal D are better than what he's offering, so be a friend and offer Dal straight up for Lions(Don't really lol).

You don't lose with the 3 for 3, but he wins. And defenses do matter. When a team starts getting TOs, they seem to keep that ball rolling (see Sea/Chi last year, Packers and Saints? the year before). The Lions won't be that team, but Dallas definitely has the talent to be. They've had it for years, maybe the new system will work. It too early to tell, but I missed part of that game for Breaking Bad. Did they pressure/sack Manning? Pressure upfront tends to lead to sacks(duh) and more TOs.
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby GiantsFanSTL » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm with joegoody41 on this one. If this is a non-PPR league, then I would take the deal. However, if it is a PPR league, I would probably hang on to Sproles.
GiantsFanSTL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Senseimatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Hell reading this makes me want to trade for VD. Seems no one has faith in VD. I'll put it like this VD>Graham. He faster, has better hands, and has Jimmy beat in AYPC and has tallied more TDs than Jimmy has ever had in a season. However, he doesn't have Brees. Brees>Smith, and that's not debatable. Brees is incredibly accurate, the most accurate ever actually in a season (don't know who has career). Very underrrated even with his SB ring. I think this is because of inflation of QB rating, but I'd say he's as good as Rodgers who holds the highest career QBR. Imagine what VD would do with a QB like Brees. Davis would be like Megatron if he were a WR and with a Brees-like QB. Or don't imagine, look at the game last week and watch this http://youtu.be/7VyypCZG7K4
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions