Trade Involving Trent MJd Etc WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Involving Trent MJd Etc WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jetzman51 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am

Need to know whos gettin the better end of this trade I would be sending MJD Victor Cruz and Deangelo Williams (my 4th and bench Rb) for Trent Richardson and Hakeem Nicks......Basically in my lineup id be switching out MJD for Trent Cruz for Hakeem and sacrificng some depth with Deangelo..... Think its a good deal he has great WR depth so I maybe could have him throw in Mike Wallace ( on his bench) Thanks!
jetzman51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Involving Trent MJd Etc WHIR

Postby 16FAC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:42 am

You are sacrificing depth like you said especially at RB depth but also at WR but thats a huge upgrade at the RB starting position. I assume MJD is your no. 2 RB. Either way I would do the trade in a New York minute!!

please hit mine:
viewtopic.php?t=538174
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby nemesis3370 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:40 pm

I agree Trent is a big boost at RB even though he bit the big one in week one. So you gain a RB, lose at WR, and I myself hate uneven trades, so if he'll throw in Wallace, I'd definitely go for it!!
nemesis3370
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby manoosie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 pm

I would stay put. I see a greater difference between the WR than the RB, so I would stay put.
manoosie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby rbem84 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm not sure of your other WR options but, assuming they're pretty good, I would do this if he adds Wallace.You're getting a solid upgrade at starting RB for a smallish downgrade at WR and RB depth. So, if you've got another good WR, go for it. If you're already thin at WR, I'd probably pass.

Mind helping with mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=538307 Thanks!
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby daullaz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:05 pm

I think you need to add a WR on his side -- even though he's on your bench, DeAngelo Williams has enough value that throws off the balance of the deal.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goose in my step » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 pm

manoosie wrote:I would stay put. I see a greater difference between the WR than the RB, so I would stay put.

I agree. The downgrade from Cruuuuuuuz to Nicks isnt worth the upgrade at RB. MJD will get it going again, especially if he's looking to get a new contract at the end of the season. Getting TRich would be nice but you give up way too much to get him. IMO MJD and TRich are a lot closer than people realize. The only reason MJD was ranked so low in preseason was due to the lisfranc injury he had last season. Remember he lead the league in rushing just 2 seasons ago! They are both the sole offensive weapons on their respective teams. They will get shut down from time to time because of this but both have top 10 potential.
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions