Knowshown Moreno on waivers, worth the claim? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Knowshown Moreno on waivers, worth the claim? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Knowshown Moreno on waivers, worth the claim? WHIR

Postby Fuqyu » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I currently have 3 qb's on my roster, with Palmer being the "worst" of the bunch. While I would like to hold on to him (drafted him in the 15th round in a keeper league, so good value there), 3 roster spots devoted to qb's is clogging up my roster, so I suppose I will have to let him go eventually. Right now, Knowshown Moreno just got dropped to waivers, should I put in a claim for him? Does Moreno have enough upside to be worth grabbing in a 3 back committee? I currently have Shady and T. Richardson as my primary backs, with G. Bernard as my backup.
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Knowshown Moreno on waivers, worth the claim? WHIR

Postby goose in my step » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 pm

You could use the running back depth. Unless this is a league were you start 2 QB I dont see why you should carry 3 of them. 1 starter and a backup is fine for standard formats.

Although the RB situation in Denver is bad, Moreno is the best pass protector out of the 3. So he will get significant snaps. If Hillman's fumbling problems continue and Ball doesnt improve in pass protection the Broncos will have no choice but to play Moreno. And they will give him carries so they dont tee the other team off. "Here comes Moreno, must be a passing play."

I rather go with the upside guy on my bench than someone you most likely wont use. Again, would go through with this pickup if its a standard league were only 1 QB is started

Thanks for the help with mine
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby Senseimatt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:18 pm

He's #3 on the depth chart, but got the start against the Ravens. It'll be interesting to see how Denver play it the rest of the way, because it's a tell that they think the D can get to Manning. I have my opinions on the best defenses, what are NFL coaches thinking? Who are your other QBs?
Senseimatt
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Fuqyu » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Stafford and Vick, so I'm solid there as long as Vick doesn't remember that he's an old man.
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Try trading for a RB. I would first he's on waivers.
I might consider moving Vick for a RB you probably can get a decent one.
Did the ghost of Mike Shanahan convince the new coaching staff to play musical chairs with their RB and give us fantasy GMs nightmares. :-D
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions