2013 draft stuff consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Ambulance Chasers

2013 draft stuff consolidated

Moderators: Indibuck, murphysxm, Football Moderators

Re: 2013 Draft Commentary

Postby m16a » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:01 am

Dolfan19 wrote:
m16a wrote:Did indi just join Marine Scouts? Because I just got sniiiiiiiped. Pick coming shortly, after a bit of crying over my lost pick. Good one, indi. ;-D

Am I the only one sleeping on Cameron? I don't really get all the hype.

Late round pick that could post good numbers on a team that has a solid run game and when not boneheaded, a decent deep threat. He's in a position to do well this season, and this last game really proved that. He looks pretty good to me. As shih said, he's a 12th rounder with upside AND a backup. Good pick all around I think.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dolfan19 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:20 am

Chaoyi Shih wrote:
Dolfan19 wrote:
m16a wrote:Did indi just join Marine Scouts? Because I just got sniiiiiiiped. Pick coming shortly, after a bit of crying over my lost pick. Good one, indi. ;-D

i only get on the hype after preseason game and that kid showed something, and at 12-13th round it seems to be pretty good deal, especially we can start 2 TE in this league.

however, he wasn't on my radar before preseason game, just like Sudfield, both TE i think is worth gamble on 12th round.

Certainly a solid pick this late as you are not risking much at all, I just wouldn't be upset if I didn't land him and don't understand the hype. Run first team, mediocre at best QB play, decent WRs as competition for targets, no production in last 2 years, 6 games a year against AFC North defenses... I don't see him getting more than 60 receptions and 5 TDs. Of course he wouldn't have to beat that by too much to break the TE12 barrier with how wide open it is after the first handful.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Dolfan19 wrote:
Chaoyi Shih wrote:
Dolfan19 wrote:

i only get on the hype after preseason game and that kid showed something, and at 12-13th round it seems to be pretty good deal, especially we can start 2 TE in this league.

however, he wasn't on my radar before preseason game, just like Sudfield, both TE i think is worth gamble on 12th round.

Certainly a solid pick this late as you are not risking much at all, I just wouldn't be upset if I didn't land him and don't understand the hype. Run first team, mediocre at best QB play, decent WRs as competition for targets, no production in last 2 years, 6 games a year against AFC North defenses... I don't see him getting more than 60 receptions and 5 TDs. Of course he wouldn't have to beat that by too much to break the TE12 barrier with how wide open it is after the first handful.

I strongly disagree that CLE has anything resembling decent WRs. I also think that the PIT and BAL Ds aren't as strong as they have been.

That being said, he's entering his third year in the league, he has shown glimpses of what he could become, and he has 2 TE guru coaches in Chudzinski and Turner. I think Cameron is the one TE outside of the top 12 that could break into the top 3 at the position by years end... He has the talent and scheme for it, now he just needs the opportunities. He reminds me of a young Antonio Gates.

I think it's just a matter of when he breaks out... Now, later in the year, or 2014. I'm hoping its the first haha.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

2013 Draft Commentary

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Indibuck wrote:
Dolfan19 wrote:
Chaoyi Shih wrote:

I strongly disagree that CLE has anything resembling decent WRs. I also think that the PIT and BAL Ds aren't as strong as they have been.

That being said, he's entering his third year in the league, he has shown glimpses of what he could become, and he has 2 TE guru coaches in Chudzinski and Turner. I think Cameron is the one TE outside of the top 12 that could break into the top 3 at the position by years end... He has the talent and scheme for it, now he just needs the opportunities. He reminds me of a young Antonio Gates.

I think it's just a matter of when he breaks out... Now, later in the year, or 2014. I'm hoping its the first haha.

It could just be my personal
Inclination because I'm a ravens fan but honestly our D wasn't great last year. I think they are actually stronger this year. It's the offense that feels like it's been hit.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:06 pm

TheBeaker wrote:
Indibuck wrote:
Dolfan19 wrote:

It could just be my personal
Inclination because I'm a ravens fan but honestly our D wasn't great last year. I think they are actually stronger this year. It's the offense that feels like it's been hit.

Even if they are stronger this year, I don't see them being the near-elite D that they were even just a few years ago.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

2013 Draft Commentary

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Well we can talk about that more at the end of the draft :)
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Re: 2013 Round 12

Postby murphysxm » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:36 pm

12.09 Rob Housler - TE, AZ
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Re: 2013 Round 12

Postby wtr23 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 pm

12.10 Brian Hartline - WR, MIA
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

2013 Round 12

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:28 pm

12.11 Eli Manning - QB, NYG
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

2013 Round 13

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Picks should be entered in the following manner:
"13.01 Terry Glenn - WR, DAL"

24 hour clock is in effect

Please PM the owner that follows you after you have made your selection.

13.01 Dolfan19
13.02 The Beaker
13.03 wtr23
13.04 murphysxm
13.05 Mr. Joshua
13.06 Devil Doc
13.07 m16a
13.08 Indibuck
13.09 Chaoyi Shih
13.10 mzkp54
13.11 The Lung
13.12 DVauthrin
Indibuck

PreviousNext

Return to Ambulance Chasers