J Bell for Jared Cook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

J Bell for Jared Cook

Moderator: Football Moderators

J Bell for Jared Cook

Postby RedBirdChica » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:32 am

Standard Scoring, non-PPR

I made the Zach Sudfeld mistake, and assumed that there would be quality TEs available if it didn't work out. Low and behold, two people in my league drafted THREE TIGHT ENDS and several others drafted two. The likes of Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron were all drafted (whom I was going to draft late but was taken in sixth round).

Guys like fleener, celek, Clark are available on free agency, but that's it.

I've been trying to make a trade with the girl who has graham, cook, and Cameron. She's refused all of them and seems to think Matt Forte for Cameron was fair.

Now that Reggie may be hurt in Detroit, she's willing to trade Cook for Joique Bell.

It seems like she'd be getting the better end of the deal - though bell's value could easily depreciate in
the next few days and Cook may never again have last week's disappointing stat line (1 fantasy point)

Clay could come through for me long term, he's getting nice targets every game. Any advice appreciated. WHIR.

QB Cam Newton
RB Alfred Morris
RB Matt Forte
WR Randall Cobb
WR Hakeem Nicks
TE Charles Clay
Flex Joique Bell
DST streamlined every week (Falcons @ Miami this week)
K Dan Bailey

BN
Steven Jackson (out for a few weeks)
Ahmad Bradshaw
DeAngello Williams
Eddie Royal
Chris Givens
Sam Bradford
Last edited by RedBirdChica on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: J Bell for Jared Cook

Postby Corns » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:40 am

Bell for cook seems like a lot. Why not just roll with clay and see if hes for real. You can prob get better for bell elsewhere.
Corns
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Postby oddjob142 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:16 pm

I would sit tight...I think Clay is better than all of them except Cameron. I would wait and see what Clay does this week and then if it's a dud, try and trade for Cameron. Otherwise, sit tight. She will need Bell and be the one seeking you...
oddjob142
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby freckhead » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Very Tough call, I don't think Clay is your answer at TE and your gonna have to upgrade. But Bell might be too much. He's worth to have just for this week coming up against the redskins.

Honestly if ur team is pulling out W's I'd wait it out, because the teams with 3 TE will eventually lower there value on them, maybe even drop one of them due to other injuries. But if your 0-2 and go 0-3 after this week u might need to make the move.

viewtopic.php?t=538915
freckhead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby leffe186 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm one of the "other guys"; I currently have 3 TEs actually in my lineup - Cameron at TE, Gonzalez at WR/TE and Julius Thomas at FLEX! I'm already looking to shift Gonzalez out for more security.

I'd hang on, for three reasons. Firstly, TEs have started well but will always have bad weeks - just look at Cook in week two. You should be able to get better value at TE later on. Secondly, Joique Bell may well have a big week this week with the doubts over Bush - even if Bush plays they will probably go easy on him. Thirdly, Clay is a half-decent TE who has had a couple of good weeks. There are worse options at TE (although he is still a FA in our 12-team league).

Don't make the trade. I'd expect Bell's value to go up after this week, which should give you a better bargaining chip.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=538933
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Postby RedBirdChica » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Later this morning when I learned that Dwayne Allen had been placed on IR, I went and snatched up Fleener. Granted, he has a tough match up this week - but I believe his chemistry with Luck and the arrival of another quality blocking running back gives him the most potential to be a starting TE.

Clay is a behind fleener in terms of development - especially considering that he's a "hybrid hback/tight end" ... But his targets/game is sure encouraging.
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions