Trent Richardson traded to the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson traded to the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trent Richardson traded to the Colts

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Indianapolis Colts trade for Cleveland Browns' Trent Richardson
NFL.com
Published: Sept. 18, 2013 at 06:24 p.m.

Indianapolis Colts owner and CEO Jim Irsay promised a "monster trade" on Twitter, and he delivered.

The Colts completed a blockbuster move Tuesday, trading a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Cleveland Browns for running back Trent Richardson, the team announced.

The Colts were in need of a running back after starter Vick Ballard suffered a torn ACL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... richardson
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trent Richardson traded to the Colts

Postby TheDandyFop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Who is the logical backup to pick up if you want to have the Browns #1 RB? My team is thin at this point due to injuries, and I am in an extremely competitive cash league.
TheDandyFop
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 21)

Postby TheDandyFop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:46 pm

This is their depth chart.
RB Trent Richardson Bobby Rainey
FB Chris Ogbonnaya
TheDandyFop
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mm92280 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Rotoworld says that the Browns brought in Willis McGahee today for a physical and are expected to sign him. McGahee was running well last year before injuring his knee. I know he is 31 and running backs can hit the wall quickly but I was surprised that no one had already signed him. I thought he would have made more sense for the Giants than the clearly washed-up Brandon Jacobs. The fact that McGahee had not already been signed by someone is a red flag but I guess we will see if he has anything left.

With that said, I think the trade is a really stupid move by the Browns but I guess that is why they are perennial losers.
mm92280
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDandyFop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Yeah, unfortunately my league is very active and by the time I had even posted inquiring who to pick up McGahee was picked off the free agent market. I picked up their fullback on the off chance he ends up taking over a lot of the role. I did have Ahmad Bradshaw as my 4th best RB, so this move does cause my running back situation, which was dicey, to get even dicier. Appreciate the input though.
TheDandyFop
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Mcgahee seems to be the guy to take a chance on. Its almost as if the Browns had this planned for at least a few days. Trading him and Mcgahee is already getting a physical?? :-?

I think the Colts got a great deal given they will probably have about the 20th pick or so.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:30 pm

In a rare, who cares about fantasy moment. this trade is absolutely AWESOME for my Colts. Helps everybody and was relatively inexpensive considering he's 23 and has all the tools. Well done Grigson.

ps - in fantasy world, I want no part of any offensive players on the Browns. They are going to push the Jags for Bridgewater.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby preeti222 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 am

Once Richardson hit's the lineup, I'd consider Bradshaw only a handcuff. He could get some extra carries while Richardson is learning the playbook, but minimal.
preeti222
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Postby FirstCoast » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm a Richardson owner and in the grand scheme, I think this helps both the Colts overall and his own fantasy value. T.Rich now gets an actual supporting cast to help him out in the form of a respectable passing offense (and a better offense overall). That surely creates better opportunities for him in the running game, and I'm pretty sure that Pep Hamilton is working in a more traditional, balanced offense so T.Rich will likely see a similar workload to what he had in Cleveland in order to help that along. Bradshaw will likely get some work but I don't feel he'll hinder T.Rich much. T.Rich also gives the Colts a good goal line option, I can see him getting a fair amount of TD's this year again. I like this move on all fronts.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Return to Football Talk